Email app missing

moset

Reaction score
I installed the Christmas JB OTA awhile back. Email (not Gmail) worked fine.
Today I started getting text from VZW with the message VZWNMN:1
Then I noticed the stock email app was missing. It shows up in manage apps but not in the app drawer. If I send an email to that account I get the same text. I installed k9 mail and now get those emails but still get the text.
WTF?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Krenzy

Reaction score
I got that too, and its being caused by a specific app. I can't remember which one it was for me, but I suggest going through each if your installed apps and either disable them if uninstall them one by one until you no longer get the messages. If you google the number and message you'll find links to people who've had the same issue, with the Bionic I believe.

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
I looked at some of those threads. Don't remember the email app missing.

GotnFX

Reaction score
I looked at some of those threads. Don't remember the email app missing.

If I am not mistaken smsflash is sending that text.. but as far as email missing, not sure about that... I started getting the tezr after I flashed ROM Rage. It might not be the issue for you moset..but just wanted to throw it out there. Let me know if you ever loaded the smsflash app...curious to know if it is truly the app cuz I get that text all the time

OP
moset

moset

Reaction score
Not that app for me. I have played with sms apps like chomp and go. Only using chomp. Uninstalled others.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Not that app for me. I have played with sms apps like chomp and go. Only using chomp. Uninstalled others.

You ever figure out the text thing? I thought for sure it was SMS flash since I never started getting it until I flashed Rage ROM...and SMS flash was part it.

lisaz10

Reaction score
Still no idea.

Email app was missing from my apps. I found I had disabled the email app. I enabled it by managing apps, choosing all and selected email enable. I now have the email icon back...Hope that helps..