Elephone P7000 - High end spec'd flagship for a fraction of the cost

@akhenax yeah, we give up a ton to keep it also. Verizon was the first to have 3G where I live and we switched over then. Then they were the first to have LTE here. Problem is, the service at our house is so bad it's a struggle to even use the Internet. A new tower is being put up soon so I guess we'll see if that helps but honestly if it doesn't a switch may be coming. ATT has full bars LTE at our house. Not sure what their biggest data plans are but I imagine it would be close to enough. Maybe... Probably not.

This is my dream phone,it says it supports 3g wcdma so I'm guessing it works on Verizon. Also the nand flash read and write is 100 mb/s. Stock android, big battery removable battery, 5.5 inch screen which is the perfect size.
sorry, wcdma is wideband code division multiple access, whereas VZW uses CDMA

the two are not compatible as they sit on different frequencies. I believe the 4g will be compatible, however looking at the radios the voice and 3g will not.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

sorry, wcdma is wideband code division multiple access, whereas VZW uses CDMA

the two are not compatible as they sit on different frequencies. I believe the 4g will be compatible, however looking at the radios the voice and 3g will not.

Yep....I made the same mistake last night in a post on this thread and quickly edited it when I realized....uuh yeah, they aren't the same.

S5 tap'n

What other services can this be activated? I've seen T-Mobile thus far, but T-Mobile's coverage is virtually non-existent at my home.

They say they support all US carriers except VZW

I think I'm going to get one of these since it'll work on T-mobile. I just wonder what kind of accessories will be available for it. My phones are usually never naked.

I really haven't seen or heard of any Chinese devices take off in the US yet. Even larger manufacturers like Huawei are struggling to gain a real foothold in the US, despite their low priced upper mid range devices. I think there are still too many questions & concerns involved and people are hesitant to make the commitment, even at a 200 dollar price point. You "read" about folks being interested, but nobody really ever follows through. (At least that I know of) Personally, I think its going to take a lot more than an inexpensive device to covert people.
Just my 2 cents.

S5 tap'n

I would never buy it simply for the fact that China is blacklisting major U.S. corporations from being used inside of China. I, in turn, have blacklisted China.

Reactions: cr6
I will say this, looking at the link posted by @Jeffrey (PRESELL FREE SHIPPING DHL ELEPHONE P7000 Pioneer MTK6752 64bit 3GB RAM Android 5.0 4G Smartphone - Elephone.cc they are one of the first manufacturers to get it right. I would like more US manufacturers to have a set up similar where I can choose to mix and match by deciding if I want an 8,16,32, 64 storage, battery size, what comes in the box (ie) charger, earbuds, etc. As a customer I can now build my phone to tailor my needs. A person who work in an office may not need a larger battery but may prefer more storage space for music. A person that use their phone for gaming may want their phone to have the top specs all the way around while a person who only uses their phone for calls, emails, and text may not care. If we can ever get to a point, project ara like, where we can pick what we need in a phone from battery, screen resolution, battery size, storage space, RAM, radios and unlocked bootloader.

I would never buy it simply for the fact that China is blacklisting major U.S. corporations from being used inside of China. I, in turn, have blacklisted China.
China removed some US companies from the Gov procurement list in favor of doing business with Chinese owned companies. I don't find that objectionable.

China removed some US companies from the Gov procurement list in favor of doing business with Chinese owned companies. I don't find that objectionable.

I do, but this isn't the place for that long discussion.

I would like the Mi4, but cannot condone their sleight of hand.

I look at it this way.

If there's no way for me to get a made-in-America product, I'll opt for an item from an allied country first, and then China when there's no choice. Unfortunately, we cannot compete with Chinese slave-labor wages (though wages are going up in China), and even though we're finding that with dramatically-increased shipping costs there is near-parity in manufacturing costs, China bought much of our manufacturing equipment, especially in the tech industries.

I bought a T-Fal cast iron skillet so I could cook on my new induction burner. I was disappointed in the finish, overall roughness of the cooking surface, and even the pre-seasoning that it came with. I had to take steel wool to it after cooking bacon and eggs in it, and now it needs re-seasoning.

Then I found out Lodge manufacturing is still in business and sells cast iron cookware at similar (and sometimes better) prices than the made-in-China cast iron cookware everyone else is selling, only made in a foundry in Tennessee! While the cooking surfaces are still rough compared to what I was used to from my grandmother's cookware (long story short, modern cast iron isn't finished like the old stuff), it's like night and day compared to the T-Fal and every other made in China cast iron cookware I could lay my hands on. I'm giving my 12" T-Fal skillet away in favor of the Lodge one I bought for less than I paid for the T-Fal one. By the way, I'm not talking about enameled cast iron -- that's virtually exclusively made in China, even Lodge's stuff -- just the black, pre-seasoned cast iron skillets you see in stores.

But that's totally off-topic.

When it comes to cellphones, it's 100% Chinese, with the exception of some of the SoCs and the memory, and some rare cases like the original Moto X which if memory serves was at least assembled here in the States. Disheartening, but what are you going to do?

I look at it this way.

If there's no way for me to get a made-in-America product, I'll opt for an item from an allied country first, and then China when there's no choice. Unfortunately, we cannot compete with Chinese slave-labor wages (though wages are going up in China), and even though we're finding that with dramatically-increased shipping costs there is near-parity in manufacturing costs, China bought much of our manufacturing equipment, especially in the tech industries.

I bought a T-Fal cast iron skillet so I could cook on my new induction burner. I was disappointed in the finish, overall roughness of the cooking surface, and even the pre-seasoning that it came with. I had to take steel wool to it after cooking bacon and eggs in it, and now it needs re-seasoning.

Then I found out Lodge manufacturing is still in business and sells cast iron cookware at similar (and sometimes better) prices than the made-in-China cast iron cookware everyone else is selling, only made in a foundry in Tennessee! While the cooking surfaces are still rough compared to what I was used to from my grandmother's cookware (long story short, modern cast iron isn't finished like the old stuff), it's like night and day compared to the T-Fal and every other made in China cast iron cookware I could lay my hands on. I'm giving my 12" T-Fal skillet away in favor of the Lodge one I bought for less than I paid for the T-Fal one. By the way, I'm not talking about enameled cast iron -- that's virtually exclusively made in China, even Lodge's stuff -- just the black, pre-seasoned cast iron skillets you see in stores.

But that's totally off-topic.

When it comes to cellphones, it's 100% Chinese, with the exception of some of the SoCs and the memory, and some rare cases like the original Moto X which if memory serves was at least assembled here in the States. Disheartening, but what are you going to do?
I manufacture e-liquid, and currently purchase half my bottles from china and the other half from the states and the cost of shipping added into the cost of said bottle makes any savings extremely small, that's shipping by boat, air freight the cost is actually higher.

the headache with a boat shipment makes the savings not worth it at all.
maybe this will help us start bringing these kind of manufacturing jobs back. I highly doubt it though.

Back