Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
elephone-p7000.jpg

Meet the P7000, the next "affordable flagship". The P7000 is made by the awkwardly-named Chinese manufacturer Elephone. This $229 beast of a phone (early birds price) will be up for pre-order in "late April". So, what makes this device this interesting?

Some of the smartphone's specifications include a Sony 13 MP rear camera, an eight-core 64 bit Mediatek MTK6752 SoC, as well as a healthy 3 GB of RAM. A more detailed list of specifications is as follows:

• MTK6752 SoC
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 16GB of storage (SD-card expandable)
  • 5.5" 1080p display
  • 3450 mAh battery
  • 13 MP F/2.0 rear camera, 5 MP front camera
  • LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, etc.

Pretty impressive yeah? The spec sheet looks awesome, and alongside its powerful internals, the P7000 will offer support for Android ROMs out of the box - including stock Android Lollipop, stock KitKat, Cyanogenmod, Xiaomi's MIUI, Meizu's Flyme OS, Huawei's EMUI, and Freeme OS. In addition, there's a fingerprint reader on the back panel, which is a component rarely seen on Chinese smartphones. The Elephone P7000 will be also available in gold, gun metal grey and white.

Check out the promo video below:

If you're interested in the P7000, then ghead over to Elephone's official online sales outlets and, if they're not already listing it, they should be listing the smartphone for pre-order in the next 24 hours or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
A couple more shots of the P7000:

y1X52sE.jpg

eemaVVp.jpg

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
um...I am glad to know that THIS is the most desirable phone of 2015. This whole time I wasn't sure, but now....now I know.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have yet to deal with a mediatek processor so am curious on how it will perform. But I will say I find it cool that manufacturers are building for the Rom community unfortunately the are Chinese manufacturers. Now that could be there way of putting it on us to get updates and an excuse for them not to support their device with software updates.

As much as I am wanting to give this a go I am going to have to sit back and see if this new market of Chinese manufacturers that allow for openness will equate to support or I am forced to wait on a developer.

Either way good post @wicked, ill definitely be keeping my eye on the p7000.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You kidding right, you will NEVER see this phone on Big Red.
Did I look like I was kidding? No, I wasn't saying will it be available for or from Verizon. I was questioning if it was slated to have the necessary radios to communicate on Verizon's network...not quite the same question. I'm quite confident it won't be issued or sold through Verizon.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Their website states $159.99 pre-sale.

"If you want to change your phones and still hesitate about which one to buy, you have another better choice over all---Elephone P7000, 159.99USD for pre-sale".

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Ain't this an interesting little guy?

The internals so look solid and leaves an interesting thought: Why not make more phones come out with ROM support out the box?