EHang 184 is a “first-ever autonomous aerial vehicle” Announced at CES

Would make a great grocery getter. Land it right on top of Safeway. :D
Better hope the Safeway is less than 10 minutes away otherwise your eggs and milk will end up all over some field somewhere....."MAYDAY!!! MAYDAY!!! MY BATTERY DIED IN MY DRONE!! I"M CRASHING WITH A DRONE FULL OF GROCERY"S IN FARMER DAN'S FIELD!!!!"

^ LOL

Hmmm....23 minutes flight time at around 60mph. Also a max load of 220lbs. Its a good start but for now...still just a prototype.

I live 15 minutes from work (by road) and weigh 190. Where do I apply for this?

Wait... I also live in Cleveland, Ohio. Does it have heat? :D

We should all be flying around in cars by now like in Back to the Future ][ :(

Just remember that the Wright brothers first flight was 12 seconds! That has been improved a bit over time :)

Isn't that just a helicopter, but a different technology that keeps it airborne? Its not a drone, because it is manned. Right?
it's similar to a multi prop helicopter except the lift comes from the bottom.. I'm wondering if it will be able to auto rotate should the engine break down. basically the rotors keep spinning on their own with air pressure to help slow the decent (free fall)

also, this is just a prototype right? I am willing to bet the battery life will get better... I just barely fit the weight bill... I can see this having trouble selling in the states... ya know ;)

Wow, that's an awesome concept. I wonder if something like that will be common in the next 10-15 years?
Can you imagine a sky full of these?

Can you imagine a sky full of these?

Yup, so instead of me getting mad at the person texting and driving and not paying attention, I now have to worry about people texting and flying and not paying attention. Yay!!!!!

Yes I know it's "autonomous" but it will have to have some way for user control and override. Why?
Because we know computers fail.

All in all nice to see this being worked on though.

I live 15 minutes from work (by road) and weigh 190. Where do I apply for this?

Wait... I also live in Cleveland, Ohio. Does it have heat? :D
12 minutes for me but I think Hopkins would have a fit if I flew directly over the airport. Point to point GPS would have me nearly hitting the new ATC tower.

Back