Editing Posts?

ABQNM

Reaction score
I seem to remember in the past being able to edit my own posts on the site and now I do not have that option and when I try from tapatalk it says "You do not have permission to access this page." I have searched and can't seem to find anything on this. Was this a change I missed? Or am I imagining things? I don't like not having the ability to append what I post as sometimes things don't appear correctly, especially when posting from the phone.

Any mods or admins have any information for me? If it is just something with my account, feel free to delete this thread and PM me. Thanks!

UPDATE:

Well... After I posted this, I had the edit button. Now it seems that it is just on comments on the News section of the forum. Is there a specific reason I cannot edit posts I make in the Droid News forum?

Last edited:

Galaxy

Reaction score
On tapatalk just hold the typing or the topic for a few seconds and it should come up with a bar list click modify than edit

Sent from my Ally

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
Thanks. I know how to do it on tapatalk, but it appears it is a permissions issue on the server. I was able to edit my original post and I have isolated it to just the Droid News forum, so hopefully a mod or admin sees this and can shed some light onto whether it is an error or intentional design. Thanks though!

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
Oh and welcome to the forum!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ah, because you can only respond methinks. As normal members cannot make a thread. I'll see what I can drum up for you.

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
That is what I figured after I tried editing a typo in two different browsers, then posting here and seeing the edit button. I figured it had to do with the permissions in the forum. I am not too familiar with vBulletin, but I believe edit permissions can be set separately. Not a huge deal really, but it just surprised me. Thanks for checking for me!

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Ok, fixed permissions for the news section. Members should be able to edit their own posts now.

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
Thanks guidot and wicked! Appreciate the help!

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

billyk

Reaction score
Not a new member - but still can't start a new thread in the News section.
Any reason for that?

billyk

Reaction score
Thanks - but are we able to create new threads?
b/c I can't!!