Editing contacts

jmac9

Reaction score
Living in omaha we are adding a new area code next month (big deal here!) and will be required to input the area code for local calls..........is there an easy way or app to automatically add the area code to any contact that doesn't have one? I really don't want too edit each one..

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Living in omaha we are adding a new area code next month (big deal here!) and will be required to input the area code for local calls..........is there an easy way or app to automatically add the area code to any contact that doesn't have one? I really don't want too edit each one..

I've been through many of these area code changes, but I don't recall ever having to deal with my cell phone, though I'm sure I did.

First, the area code numbers will both work, then you'll start getting a message to change the area code.

As far as I know, all Verizon phones require you to have the area code in them to dial, even local numbers so I'm a bit confused about contacts that don't have one.

I have not heard of an application that will do this, but there are so many applications I wouldn't say it doesn't exist. However if you don't find one the easiest way to do this would be to go on line with a computer and do it in your gmail contacts.

kesnik

Reaction score
I don't know of a app that will do that but I think the easiest way would be throught your contact list in gmail or Google voice. It should sync withe the phone almost instantly.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

kesnik

Reaction score
I use Verizon and I can make calls and save contacts without an area code.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

jmac9

Reaction score
I've been through many of these area code changes, but I don't recall ever having to deal with my cell phone, though I'm sure I did.

First, the area code numbers will both work, then you'll start getting a message to change the area code.

As far as I know, all Verizon phones require you to have the area code in them to dial, even local numbers so I'm a bit confused about contacts that don't have one.

I have not heard of an application that will do this, but there are so many applications I wouldn't say it doesn't exist. However if you don't find one the easiest way to do this would be to go on line with a computer and do it in your gmail contacts.

Local numbers work without the area code (here anyway) on my cell. Thanks for the response though......will keep looking.

forstir9

Reaction score
Local numbers work with or without area codes so I just put them in just in case I need to call someone when I am out of town or out of state.

You never know when they will change area codes because I went through it about 10 years ago.