Editing Contact Name

Barristro

Reaction score
Issue: I entered a misspelled contact name "Jane Simth"

Google automatically added this name to my gmail contacts as "Jane Simth"

In order to fix this problem, I edited it in gmail (fixing first and last name) to "Jane Smith". I also edited the contact in my phone. Both accounts verify that the first name is "Jane" and the last name is "Smith".

HOWEVER, the label for this person under Contacts is still "Jane Simth".

Any thoughts on how to change the contact label?

bishoy

Reaction score
what do you mean contact label? if you're talking about the widget, just delete and re-add the widget

OP
B

Barristro

Reaction score
What I mean;

Click on the Contacts button on my Droid-2 to bring up all my contacts.
I get this list;
Jan Brady
Jane Simth
John Smith

If I click on "Jane Simth", I can bring up all of her information (Full name, address, etc.). Now, ALL of that information clearly states that her name is Jane Smith, but I cannot get the part in the listing of all my contacts to say "Smith" instead of "Simth".

OP
B

Barristro

Reaction score
Found a solution. Android/Google sent the contact information to another gmail account of mine. I had to change the information there as well.

Anyone know an easier way to merge/sync gmail contacts in multiple gmail accounts?

Reaction score
You could log into all of them, export your contacts as a CSV file, delete all your contacts, then import all those CSVs into one account, and merge them to remove duplicates (Google has a handy built in feature for this)