edited sapphire boot animation

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
here is an edited version of the new sapphire boot animation. and at the end the spinning gem repeats

ps. i promise you the images in the boot animation are good quality, not like the preview gif I am showing in this post

EDIT: got it to work now (I always forget to set the compression method to store....)

bootanim2.gif

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 225

wingdo

Reaction score
here is an edited version of the new sapphire boot animation. and at the end the spinning gem repeats

For some reason I cant get it to run on my phone (tried putting it in system/media and data/local) so if someone wants to see if it works for them or if someone can let me know what I am doing wrong I'd appreciate it.

ps. i promise you the images in the boot animation are good quality, not like the preview gif I am showing in this post

Not bad. Try it with the standard red droid eye with the transition to the sapphire.

OP
M

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not bad. Try it with the standard red droid eye with the transition to the sapphire.

here ya go :)

the same boot animation above, but with the original droid 2 segment (red instead of blue)

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 170

wingdo

Reaction score
Just pop the file as is into /data/local

Even better, thanks. :greendroid:

It's actually in System/Media...and I can't write to it with Astro and I don't want to pay for Root Explorer or Absolute System. :(

No, what I wrote works perfectly. You are not trying to overwrite the stock Sapphire boot animation. Pop the file as is into /data/local Android looks there FIRST for the file, if it is not there, then it looks in /system/media, if it doesn't fine it there it uses the default boot animation built into the system.

OP
M

mojo_droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just pop the file as is into /data/local

Even better, thanks. :greendroid:

It's actually in System/Media...and I can't write to it with Astro and I don't want to pay for Root Explorer or Absolute System. :(

you can use adb to push it in data/local or there are also some programs available that will push it there for you.

heres one:Font Flasher for Android Updated | xda-developers

heres one thats specifically for boot animation and will let you preview it on your comp too:Boot Animation Preview Updated | xda-developers