Eclipse Safestrap + ICS Leak

hbcobra

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm running Eclipse 3.0 (off of 905 build) and have safestrap installed. Can I safestrap ICS 232 to this, and if so, how? Or is it one or the other? If so, do I need to FXZ to get rid of the safestrap?

Thank you.

deduct

Reaction score
hbcobra said:
Hi,

I'm running Eclipse 3.0 (off of 905 build) and have safestrap installed. Can I safestrap ICS 232 to this, and if so, how? Or is it one or the other? If so, do I need to FXZ to get rid of the safestrap?

Thank you.

You need to switch to unsafe side of safe strap.then fxz back to 902 using rsd lite . Take ota to 905 and then you can flash ics leak. I would suggest ics leak 232.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you.

No, you can NOT flash ICS 232 on safe side.
Yes, you need to fxz back to 905 (gets rid of safestrap and all the hidden files) and be completely stock to flash ICS 232.

You need to switch to unsafe side of safe strap.then fxz back to 902 using rsd lite . Take ota to 905 and then you can flash ics leak. I would suggest ics leak 232.

To turn this into 1 step...use the 905 fxz instead of 902. Either way is fine though.

deduct

Reaction score
Good call eye dea. Fxz to 905 would save some time. And battery.

Droid 51

Reaction score
Im not new to flashing roms but I don't understand the methods for ics why do you have to fxz back to 902 or 905 before u can do anything I am running the same eclipse 3.0 on 905 with safestrap why can't I just go to unsafe which takes me back to regular 905 just rooted and flash from there and also is there not a ics type of safestrap that can b used for flashing ics roms I thought the purpose in safestrap was so u wouldn't fudge the phone and could play around with different roms

deduct

Reaction score
Droid 51 said:
Im not new to flashing roms but I don't understand the methods for ics why do you have to fxz back to 902 or 905 before u can do anything I am running the same eclipse 3.0 on 905 with safestrap why can't I just go to unsafe which takes me back to regular 905 just rooted and flash from there and also is there not a ics type of safestrap that can b used for flashing ics roms I thought the purpose in safestrap was so u wouldn't fudge the phone and could play around with different roms

For one thing, Its because safe strap usually fudges up your pre install which needs to be stock in order to flash ics. The very first time I flashed the first ics leak I went back to unsafe side of safe strap and eye dea helped me to flash my pre install partition back to stock. Then I was able to flash ics. Its just as easy to fxz back to stock 905 using rsd lite though. That's why its suggested to go that route. You are for certain to be stock when you fxz back to 902 or 905.