Ebook Reader

wshaw

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of and ebook reader for Android that will read *.pdb files like the Ereader from Fictionwise will?

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Has anybody heard of and ebook reader for Android that will read *.pdb files like the Ereader from Fictionwise will?

Hmm yea, I have a few books from there I have yet to finish/read.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
There are a couple of ebook readers out there, but I don't think that any of them handle .pdb or .prc files. From what I can tell, most people use Calibre to convert books into other formats. Then they use FBReader or Aldiko to actually read the books. Aldiko looks really nice.

CJay

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I've been using the dbelement reader app. dBelement - Reader

reader1.png

Love it so far it's made for the iPhone but it works perfectly on my Droid.

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
i have been searching around for an ebook app myself.. i had the stanza for the iphone and it loads .docs, .prc files and most of my ebook are filed like this.. i tried FBreader but then i have to convert my files to .ePub format...

Lisa W

Reaction score
"Thanks for the tips guys. I've been using the dbelement reader app. dBelement - Reader"
How did you install it on your Droid? I've tried a few that are available in the market, but none float my boat.

CJay

Reaction score
It's a webapp so I didn't actually have to install it. You just go to the website and tap the reader icon.

Lisa W

Reaction score
@Silvana_Pineda
I would really like the Stanza app to be available for the droid. All the ebook readers I have downloaded don't compare
Totally agree. I think Stanza is the best one out there. I'm using Calibre to convert and then WordPlayer to read. But I really do like Stanza better.

silvere2

Reaction score
I love love love aldiko, and I've tried them all. I use Stanza to convert as well...

Gailin

Reaction score
For reading epub, I find Aldiko to be the best reader. For reading PDF files, I purchased the full version of Documents To Go so that I could work with Office files. What I found, is that their PDF To Go program does an excellent job of word wrap and text enlarging for reading PDF files. I find that I use that exclusively for reading PDF files.

Last edited:

cyber3d

Reaction score
Does not the Droid read pdf files? I have Docs to Go (DataViz) and I download pdf books from Fictionwise.com

I had a Palm Treo before and had many books from Fictionwise in pdb format. It was great. I did like the ability to automatically scroll thru the pages. Don't have that now.

Gailin

Reaction score
It does have the same program. I needed a way to work with Office files, and found I liked the PDF reader in that program better.