eBay BH6X Extended Battery Issue

dAi

Reaction score
I just bought a BH6X extended battery off ebay and I noticed that it drains every hour 10%, is this normal? I think my battery is not genuine made by Motorola. How can I tell if I got a fake one or not?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it was bought/shipped from outside the USA, its probably fake.

J

Johnly

Wow, that is a tough call. Motorola's stuff is shipped in and manufactured outside the USA. 10% an hour? That is 10 hours, how are you using the phone? Heavy, moderate, light? Is that the only reason you are concerned?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes their OEM stuff is from overseas but unless its an official Motorola reseller than I would be leery about buying an "OEM" product from a private seller outside the states.

J

Johnly

Yes their OEM stuff is from overseas but unless its an official Motorola reseller than I would be leery about buying an "OEM" product from a private seller outside the states.
For the most part, I agree. That doesn't mean OEM stuff can be found outside said sources, but to be sure, it is best to get goods from a legit source.

csimo

Reaction score
I just bought a BH6X extended battery off ebay and I noticed that it drains every hour 10%, is this normal? I think my battery is not genuine made by Motorola. How can I tell if I got a fake one or not?

Nearly all of those on eBay are FAKES. They look very similar, but use cheap Chinese cells that won't last more than a few months.

Rocko

Reaction score
Charge it to 100%, then before you goto bed, put it on airplane mode and turn the screen off. 8 hours later or so, see what it's at. Should be 90% or better if it's real. I get 50-70hrs of light use on my REAL extended Moto battery. 5-10 minutes per day talk, 50 texts, less than an hour per day browsing, no gaming.

G h o s t

Reaction score
Ya there should be a hologram on the other side of the battery.

That's probably why he doesn't have pics of the other side cause I asked. Its a good thing I retracted my bid. Im just going to order mine from vzw. Iv had bad experances in the past with non oem batterys.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya if he's selling in bulk the chances of him being an authorized reseller are slim. Probably bought in bulk from overseas or they might be shipped from overseas but sold here.

Rocko

Reaction score