[EB01 WALKTHROUGHS] Rooting, Clockwork, Voodoo, Stock and Custom ROM, Battery, etc

ireash

Reaction score
I need some help please.

i followed the instructions but am having problems. When I go to download the .Zip file it says invalid signature. I am getting into CWM as I downloaded Rommanager from the market. Manual wont let me update either.

the one wierd thing is when I connected to Odin it only got as far as connection and then sat there. Never really completed or rebooted my phone? Could this be the problem?

What should I do?

This is all I get from Odin after starting it:

<ID:0/007> Added!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..

And it sits there!

Go here and follow these instructions...prob be easier and faster than what your doing http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OK, but all the links are disabled or something? Like the one says downlaod update.zip here....Nothing????

also My phone was working last night and I turned it off to charge and now I get no network connection for cell service and it tells me I need a SIM card???? these phones dont take SIM cards????

AHH so much for this being easy! And I work in a HW lab so I am used to flashing FW and OS.

Any help would be greatly apprectaited. I m ight have to just brick it up to experience and get something that actually runs froyo...

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need some help please.

i followed the instructions but am having problems. When I go to download the .Zip file it says invalid signature. I am getting into CWM as I downloaded Rommanager from the market. Manual wont let me update either.

the one wierd thing is when I connected to Odin it only got as far as connection and then sat there. Never really completed or rebooted my phone? Could this be the problem?

What should I do?

This is all I get from Odin after starting it:

<ID:0/007> Added!
<ID:0/007> Odin v.3 engine (ID:7)
<ID:0/007> File analysis..
<ID:0/007> SetupConnection..

And it sits there!

Go here and follow these instructions...prob be easier and faster than what your doing http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

OK, but all the links are disabled or something? Like the one says downlaod update.zip here....Nothing????

also My phone was working last night and I turned it off to charge and now I get no network connection for cell service and it tells me I need a SIM card???? these phones dont take SIM cards????

AHH so much for this being easy! And I work in a HW lab so I am used to flashing FW and OS.

Any help would be greatly apprectaited. I m ight have to just brick it up to experience and get something that actually runs froyo...

Sorry...I fixed all the links...now you can ODIN flash SC v2.9.2 directly...just follow the posted instructions and you shouldnt have any problems

ireash

Reaction score
Thanks a BUNCH! It looks like it is working....my phone came back and looks to be froyo. I have a question though...

I forgot to load the Update.zip file before I started but had one I loaded yesterday from a different site in there...Did it use that to load instead of the one in your thread?

The phone has a little box in the corner saying safe mode...what is this?

Should I try to reload the update.zip file you had in the instructions?? I loaded it on to my SD card, replacing the other one. How do I do this?

Thanks a TON for your help and do you have a donation site???

-Rob

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks a BUNCH! It looks like it is working....my phone came back and looks to be froyo. I have a question though...

I forgot to load the Update.zip file before I started but had one I loaded yesterday from a different site in there...Did it use that to load instead of the one in your thread?

Should I try to reload the update.zip file you had in the instructions?? I loaded it on to my SD card, replacing the other one. How do I do this?

-Rob

Just download the new update.zip from the ODIN thread and put it on your sd card...it will overwrite or ask you to overwrite the old update.zip you have on their now....The update.zip is nothing more than a failsafe file to get you into red CWMR if you happen to reboot into the blue stock Samsung recovery....it serves no other purpose....

Your phone is in safe mode....try rebooting into recovery by turning off phone, hold volup+voldwn+pwr for 12 seconds.....wipe cache and in advanced wipe dalvik and then reboot

ireash

Reaction score

-Rob

Just download the new update.zip from the ODIN thread and put it on your sd card...it will overwrite or ask you to overwrite the old update.zip you have on their now....The update.zip is nothing more than a failsafe file to get you into red CWMR if you happen to reboot into the blue stock Samsung recovery....it serves no other purpose....

Your phone is in safe mode....try rebooting into recovery by turning off phone, hold volup+voldwn+pwr for 12 seconds.....wipe cache and in advanced wipe dalvik and then reboot

When I try to do anything in red recovery it just gives me a blank screen after hitting the home button for enter.???

I just tried to wipe cache and it just sits there?

Any Ideas?

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

-Rob

When I try to do anything in red recovery it just gives me a blank screen after hitting the home button for enter.???

I just tried to wipe cache and it just sits there?

Any Ideas?
sorry...dont use the home soft ket in red recovery....

vol up and vol dwn = navigate
power button = select/enter
menu soft key = back a menu

Last edited:

ireash

Reaction score
Maybe I shoulda stuck to stock....Now I get no cell service after going into recovery and loading the zip file.....Uuugh.

This makes me hate verizon and Samsung that much more...I shouldnt have to go through this!!

Thanks for all your help!! Im going to go get an iphone I guess.....They seem to have their act together when it comes to updates......

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe I shoulda stuck to stock....Now I get no cell service after going into recovery and loading the zip file.....Uuugh.

This makes me hate verizon and Samsung that much more...I shouldnt have to go through this!!

Thanks for all your help!! Im going to go get an iphone I guess.....They seem to have their act together when it comes to updates......
whoa whoa whoa lol lets not overreact

we can fix this buddy, chill

in red recovery your not loading anything...dont load the update.zip in red recovery....

go here... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...2011-superclean-2-9-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html
download SC v2.9.2
move it out of the download folder on your sd card to the root of it
reboot into red recovery
wipe cache partition and in advanced wipe dalvik cache partition
hit menu to go back to main red CWMR menu
hit install zip from sd card
choose zip from sd card
choose the SCv2.9.2.zip file on your sd card
hit yes to install, let it flash it
hit menu to get back to the main red CWMR menu and hit REBOOT

let me know

Last edited:

ireash

Reaction score

in red recovery your not loading anything...dont load the update.zip in red recovery....

go here... http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...2011-superclean-2-9-ea15-eb01-eb16-based.html
download SC v2.9.2
reboot into red recovery
choose zip from sd card

let me know

No clickable link to the file....

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

download SC v2.9.2
reboot into red recovery
choose zip from sd card

let me know

here it is.... super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip

and it is there in that thread after CHANGELOG:

Changelog:

--Full rom again.
--Based upon EA15/EB01/EB16/EC10
--Contains EC10 kernels, with fake hotspot monitoring module.
--Some framework reworked to remove what I believe to be the LAST of Bing.
--Auto restore of apps should no longer happen (nor is possible).

Voodoo
http://www.mediafire.com/?fwtcpfq9eabd2z1

Nonvoodoo
http://www.mediafire.com/?rliail822sin8gj

--Just a small note. I didn't get a lot of feedback from my testers or IRC, so please note issues (not via PM!). Thanks.

ireash

Reaction score

download SC v2.9.2
reboot into red recovery
choose zip from sd card

let me know

And I would never be a Iphone Fanboy...Just need something that works like it is supposed to with out all this crap...I do enough of this stuff at work on storage systems I fdont want to have to do it for a hobby also! :icon_ banana:

Thanks again for your help!!!

I had super clean 2_1 on my phone...Im trying to load that...

Still no worky....

And now I get all kinds of force close crap and the phone keeps vibrating..

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

download SC v2.9.2
reboot into red recovery
choose zip from sd card

let me know

And I would never be a Iphone Fanboy...Just need something that works like it is supposed to with out all this crap...I do enough of this stuff at work on storage systems I fdont want to have to do it for a hobby also! :icon_ banana:

Still no worky....

It looks like you need to reboot recovery and wipe data/cache and dalvik cache and flash the SC v2.9.2 fresh

If that doesnt work then you can ODIN the SC v2.9 in this thread again http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

Last edited:

ireash

Reaction score

Still no worky....

It looks like you need to reboot recovery and wipe data/cache and dalvik cache and flash the SC v2.9.2 fresh

If that doesnt work then you can ODIN the SC v2.9 in this thread again http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...roms-w-root-new-clockwork-updated-2-11-a.html

Looks like that works..wiping and reflashing it! THANK YOU! So now I have the SC 2_1 on there....Can I flash the SC2.9 on there the same way? Load the .ZIP file to my SD and do all over again?

BTW...I extracted the Super_fraken clean2_9...was I supposed to extract or just drop the .zip file in the SD?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

Still no worky....

Looks like that works..wiping and reflashing it! THANK YOU! So now I have the SC 2_1 on there....Can I flash the SC2.9 on there the same way? Load the .ZIP file to my SD and do all over again?

BTW...I extracted the Super_fraken clean2_9...was I supposed to extract or just drop the .zip file in the SD?

If you're flashing in cwm you don't extract it. Just put it on on root of your sd card.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 EC10v Fascinate

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score

Still no worky....

Cool....you can install SC v2.9.2 the same way....just do a full wipe and flash away....just drop it DO NOT extract it...thats only for the ODIN method files k