Easiest way to turn notification vibrate on/off

Reaction score
During the night I need to leave the ringer on since I am on call but I want to turn the vibrate off so that emails etc. do not cause it to shake.

What's the easiest way for me to globally turn vibrate on and off. Is there an "app for that"

Thanks

BzB

Reaction score
go into the email app, pull up the menu, account settings, uncheck vibrate.

i don't know of a way to globally turn it off at the moment.

OP
H
Reaction score
But that's the point. I have a load of apps that vibrate, can't turn them all off.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Install the app "Sound Manager". (It's free!)

I have it set so that at 11:00 pm, all sounds go off, and the phone will vibrate ONLY for calls. During the week (M-F), sounds start at 9:00 am, and on the week-end, they start at 11:00 am. Total customizable.

Can also be set so that if you have a meeting every Thursday from 1-3, the phone will only vibrate for calls (or whatever you want...)

The developer on this app is really helpful as well, so I would check this out.:)

OP
H
Reaction score
Thanks Sherri. I just installed timeriffic which does the same thing. Any reason yours is better?

mitchb2

Reaction score
I installed Timeriffic, but it doesn't work for me.
I set it to go silent at 10pm, and come back on at 6am, but it still vibrates in the middle of the night with notifications.

gravitygod

Reaction score
I had the same problem with timeriffic and the vibration at night. Very interested with sound manager and the alarm question.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alarm clock works fine. On Saturday, I had it set for 8:00 am so I could get ready for a B'Nea Mitzvah. Alarm rang. No notifications played, because I didn't want noise in temple. Phone was set to vibrate. Developer helped me with all the settings. Great program, great support.

theguatman

Reaction score
Wondering...

I was wondering actually how to turn the vibrate on for notifications...When it is on vibrate mode. My droid seems not to want to notify me ...Is there an app for that?

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Each application has settings for this. From homescreen, click menu>settings>sounds. In there set if you want sounds, vibrations, or both.

Do the same from the text message screen, email screen, etc...Good luck!

JDS537

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for a little over a week now and last night I wanted to set a calendar reminder for this morning. I did a test and when the time came, no "alarm" sound went off, even though I had Notification ringtone set and the volume set.
I tried installing another calendar app from market. I got the same result. I started experimenting and found that using the Ringer Volume setting, you can set different volumes for Notification and Incoming call, so I set incoming call low (I always use vibrate) and Notification about midway. Still no "alarm" sound. I found the only way to get that "alarm" is to take the ringer off vibrate (using the volume control on the side). This gives me the vibrate with the ringer on so low you can hardly hear it, and it allows the Notification "alarm" to go off.

raven1911

Reaction score
I have had my Droid for a little over a week now and last night I wanted to set a calendar reminder for this morning. I did a test and when the time came, no "alarm" sound went off, even though I had Notification ringtone set and the volume set.
I tried installing another calendar app from market. I got the same result. I started experimenting and found that using the Ringer Volume setting, you can set different volumes for Notification and Incoming call, so I set incoming call low (I always use vibrate) and Notification about midway. Still no "alarm" sound. I found the only way to get that "alarm" is to take the ringer off vibrate (using the volume control on the side). This gives me the vibrate with the ringer on so low you can hardly hear it, and it allows the Notification "alarm" to go off.

I am not sure here but maybe try to adjust the media volume and see if that helps.

JDS537

Reaction score
Thanks Raven1911 for the reply. I probably tried that (can't remember for sure as I did 6-7 tests before I got the result I wanted). All the volumes were at least at half way.
Bottom line I think is that if ringer is set to vibrate, then you will get no audible alert from calendar reminder. Once I set the ringer volume one notch above vibrate (using volume key on side of unit), then I got the calendar audible alert.