earphones buzzing, whining again with new Ice Cream Sandwich update

dylanesque

Reaction score
Hello,

When the Bionic first came out, people noticed a whine when listening to media over the earphones. Motorola was responsive, and corrected it with a later update. But now, with ICS 6.7.246.Xt875, the whine is back. This needs to be addressed---I use my phone primarily for music-listening, and the whine is strong and as annoying as ever.

I would urge anyone reading this post who has a Bionic to test this out---listen for the whine just before a track starts, or just after it finishes. The whine continues during the track/video, and becomes audible when the volume of track/video drops. The only way Motorola will act is if numerous people call them on this.

Thanks!
Dylan

Last edited:

mozicodo

Reaction score
Hello,

When the Bionic first came out, people noticed a whine when listening to media over the earphones. Motorola was responsive, and corrected it with a later update. But now, with ICS 6.7.246.Xt875, the whine is back. This needs to be addressed---I use my phone primarily for music-listening, and the whine is strong and as annoying as ever.

I would urge anyone reading this post who has a Bionic to test this out---listen for the whine just before a track starts, or just after it finishes. The whine continues during the track/video, and becomes audible when the volume of track/video drops. The only way Motorola will act is if numerous people call them on this.

Thanks!
Dylan

Anyone else notice this? It's driving me nuts to the point that I'm going to have to switch back to my Charge.

Perhaps, if it's a software issue, some of the ROMs don't have this issue?

t7web

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this? It's driving me nuts to the point that I'm going to have to switch back to my Charge.

Yes, unfortunately I am experiencing this issue again... it's like a bad dream, but I can't wake up!

sisenor

Reaction score
I'm experiencing this too. Anybody have a direct link handy for reporting this?

nathanscottdaniels

Reaction score

I have the same issue. It's not nearly as bad as when the phone first came out but it's still noticeable. I am using the eVolve 2.1 ROM based on the latest VZW OTA release.

OP
D

dylanesque

Reaction score
Contacted Verizon about this...

...and they're sending me a RAZR to replace the Bionic. It doesn't look like they have a software fix for this on the burner...if the hiss bothers y'all like it bothers me, you may want to do the same.