earbud microphone

pvansch1

Reaction score
Hello,
Just got the RAZR HD which replaced my x2.
With the x2 a double squeeze on the earbud mike would launch the voice recognition do I could call hands free. The new phone will only start music, is there a setting to change this behavior? Verizon no help.
Thanks, Pete

Hey Pete,
My Razr HD has not yet arrived, but this is something I am interested in getting to work, I'll update if I can figure anything out.

Headset Button Controller in the play store. Best $2.99 I have spent on the phone so far. Verizon will try to sell you a bluetooth device for $100 that does not last nearly as long (battery-wise) as the MAXX HD, looks stupid, is easy to lose, and sounds crappy compared to wired buds, and will try to tell you your headset (wired, with mic and button) is incompatible with the MAXX HD! Just NOT TRUE!
try the free version, then buy it if it works.

Thanks! This one actually works.

Headset Button Controller in the play store. Best $2.99 I have spent on the phone so far. Verizon will try to sell you a bluetooth device for $100 that does not last nearly as long (battery-wise) as the MAXX HD, looks stupid, is easy to lose, and sounds crappy compared to wired buds, and will try to tell you your headset (wired, with mic and button) is incompatible with the MAXX HD! Just NOT TRUE!
try the free version, then buy it if it works.

Are you referring to the LG Tone+ neck thing with "magnetic removal ear buds"
Amazon.com: LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

if so, they made me buy them to get an "upgrade" warranty swap from my LG Spectrum to the Razr HD, at $69.99 they are $10 cheaper than amazon price and I got 25% off, so not too bad for a phone upgrade without contract extension on an out of warranty phone... even though I almost never use BT...

No, I'm just using an inexpensive pair of wired ear buds with microphone.

Back