Ear Speaker sometimes not working

PatG

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. When I listen to my Droid using standard headphones the ear speaker would not work after I took out the connector. This happened while I listened to podcasts; both using Google Listen and Doggcatcher, about once every 5-10 times.

I think what must be happening is that the Droid thinks the headset is still plugged in, and therefore does not activate the ear speaker. Turning on the loudspeaker works fine. The only way to fix it is to reboot the Droid.

I am wondering if I have a problem with the hardware.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Think Ive experienced the same problem. Twice this has happened, I had headphones plugged in. When I unplugged I was unable to hear anything when I made/got a call. Had to power cycle to fix it.

bacalao

Reaction score
Have had this same problem, I just have to put caller on speaker. I always thought it was because I dropped this baby so many times.
Usually, I don't have to reboot, I just don't use it for awhile and it works normally, but if I have to call right away, then a quick reboot takes care of it.

OP
P

PatG

Reaction score
Problem is that I don't know it is not working. So then I receive a call and I can't hear anything. Kind of annoying, but at least I know a reboot will fix it. I gotten in the habit to call my workphone to see if I can hear anything through the ear peace.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried searching myself but I couldn't find it. There is a rather large thread, maybe in the general discussion area that deals with headset issues.