Ear piece crackle

bgreene07

Reaction score
Whenever I make a call the ear piece crackles at some of the higher pitch sounds like a blown speaker would. Should I swap mine out and is anyone else having issues?

jammasterkx2

Reaction score
even with the "in call" volume at max, I can barely hear the person on the other line.

Ear speaker is not loud enough for me. I have not heard any distortion yet.

A.C.Sanchez

Reaction score
Whenever I make a call the ear piece crackles at some of the higher pitch sounds like a blown speaker would. Should I swap mine out and is anyone else having issues?

I think I'm hearing this as well. Not good. I'm going to make a few calls today and see if it persists.

scdown

Reaction score
Sounds like some variability in manufacture to me - I've actually had to dial my voice volume all the way DOWN because the voice is so loud.

The only sound quality complaint I can make is a tinny buzz as an outgoing call rings, but once picked up is fine.

A.C.Sanchez

Reaction score
After a couple more calls, I have a definite buzzing/crackling issue. My Bionic will be going back tonight (have to go home and unroot first).

Coincidentally, I returned my first OG Droid for the exact same issue back in November '09.

OP
B

bgreene07

Reaction score
So just got back from Verizon and it was a blown speaker, new one works great!

chukeee

Reaction score
Starting with the D1 when it first came out I have always had this issue with Motorola Droid phones. And believe me I went through TONS of troubleshooting and swapping out phones with no results. I would of thought they would of resolved this issue but I still see that its still coming up on some phones. I think what helped my issue some what is to use an ear peice. For some reason that came in crystal clear.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

camaro1173

Reaction score
Well I think that I will be taking mine back as well it is a bit anoing. I never had this problem with my D1 and i don't think it is right to have my ear piece crackle when on the phone.

Becides this one tinny problem the phone is absolutely the NUTS!!!!!! :icon_ banana:

KOBALT

Reaction score
BUMP.

This happened to me a few weeks ago. I got a replacement and now my new one is doing it. On the phone with VZW now. Wonder if there's a trend to this. My in calls aren't loud enough to blow the speaker. Maybe a bad first batch. Just want to keep everyone informed.

EDIT: they're sending me ANOTHER Bionic as well as forwading my IME numbers to Motorola to look into the situation further.

Last edited:

bondo

Reaction score
I had two D1s that did the same thing. When I exchanged them I was told it was common. I was hoping this was fixed. I get my new Bionic tomorrow. something to look forward to now. :frown:

KOBALT

Reaction score
Vzw thinks i may have gotten a bad batch. We'll see. I'll post back.

Sent from my Liberated BIONIK