e-mail deleting from server

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I have a Motorola Droid. I just removed my e-mail accounts to get rid of all my trash and added them again. There used to be a spot to check if you wanted mail deleted from the server when you deleted on the phone. I can't find it now. My phone upgraded to 2.2. I'm using POP mail, not g-mail. And don't tell me to get K9!!! I probably will but want to find this first! Sometimes I read mail on Droid, delete, then download to my Mac to answer. Which it was doing fine this morning till I re-installed!

Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the corporate email and K9 apps. I looked at the stock email app and could not locate the function to delete from server. My sense is that particular option/function is available and set during the initial setup when you enter your account info.

Mike

OP
borregolinda

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I use the corporate email and K9 apps. I looked at the stock email app and could not locate the function to delete from server. My sense is that particular option/function is available and set during the initial setup when you enter your account info.

Mike

It used to be in there...just can't seem to find it now. Downloaded K9. Gonna give it a try!

EbE404

Reaction score
I have a Motorola Droid. I just removed my e-mail accounts to get rid of all my trash and added them again. There used to be a spot to check if you wanted mail deleted from the server when you deleted on the phone. I can't find it now. My phone upgraded to 2.2. I'm using POP mail, not g-mail. And don't tell me to get K9!!! I probably will but want to find this first! Sometimes I read mail on Droid, delete, then download to my Mac to answer. Which it was doing fine this morning till I re-installed!

Thanks!

My suggestion would be to change from POP to IMAP, which makes this kind of multi-client thing much easier to deal with.

Don't have to get K9 to do that. ;)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

My suggestion would be to change from POP to IMAP, which makes this kind of multi-client thing much easier to deal with.

Agree but changing protocols is dependent on the email service which may or may not be an option.

EbE404

Reaction score

Thanks!

Agree but changing protocols is dependent on the email service which may or may not be an option.

Of course, you are absolutely correct.

I went through that with Comcast a while back-I got so irritated with their lack of support for IMAP, and annoyed with trying to manage multiple clients, that I set up another Gmail account to forward the Comcast mail to, and then set up the clients IMAP with the Gmail account.

Yeah, major headache, and certainly not something I'd suggest for everybody, but it did what I needed it to.

I was just floating the POP vs. IMAP thing as an option for this situation-if that is a possibility.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Email, go to the accounts inbox.

Menu, account settings, scroll down, hit incoming settings, then look for the option near the bottom.