E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command ..What's happening?

Pelc

Reaction score
When I turn my phone on i'm getting the white triangle with the yellow exclamation mark. I've tried searching and I've found that this is a special menu when you turn the phone on holding home but I'm not holding the home button. When I press the search button, on the bottom of the screen i get this " E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" What can I do to make my phone work again?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Power down the device and remove the battery for a few minutes...then restart it.

OP
P

Pelc

Reaction score
Tried that already. No luck.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
that error is common and not a problem.

but if you cant get past that try wiping data/cache

OP
P

Pelc

Reaction score
Tried clearing the cache. Idk if that's the same but that also didn't work. Would factory reset do the trick?

85snowbutcher

Reaction score
(not rooted phone) White triangle with yellow exclamation point

Hi My phone is not rooted, in face I have no idea what it is. I have a task-switcher application which I often used home button multiple times and this time the phone just stopped working, I could not turn it off or do anything else so I pulled off the battery, Once It was done the white triangle with yellow exclamation point showed up. I tried to reset, reboot, update but nothing is working, what can I do? Please help

missionman

Reaction score
I have same issue here...i did the SBF update on my Droid 2 using RSDlite and an original stock ROM. After this I placed the newest Gingerbread "update.zip" in my sd card's root and did the stock recovery mode (power + x) (then hit the magnifying glass) and when i tried to update it it ran but it failed saying this below: :mad:

"E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
verifying update package...
E:Failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted."

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have same issue here...i did the SBF update on my Droid 2 using RSDlite and an original stock ROM. After this I placed the newest Gingerbread "update.zip" in my sd card's root and did the stock recovery mode (power + x) (then hit the magnifying glass) and when i tried to update it it ran but it failed saying this below: :mad:

"E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
verifying update package...
E:Failed to open /sdcard/update.zip (No such file or directory)
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted."

what i put in bold is the actual error. its not finding that file. make sure its not update.zip.zip and that it is in fact on the root of the sdcard

missionman

Reaction score
what i put in bold is the actual error. its not finding that file. make sure its not update.zip.zip and that it is in fact on the root of the sdcard

Problem Solved :) i renamed it "update", not "update.zip" if you rename it "update.zip" it will come out as "update.zip.zip" on your sdcard :p noob mistake...however many forums are saying rename the ROMs "update.zip" so its proly a mindless honest mistake i guess...anyhow i flash it already and went as far as getting CM7 on my droid 2 now. this CM7 ROM rocks!!!!!