Help can't open cache/recovery/command

midnsun183

Reaction score
when i to a hard restart all i get is "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command"
I haven't done a thing to it aside reboot and wipe.
ANY suggestions?

[email protected]

OP
M

midnsun183

Reaction score
What are you trying to do?

I'm not trying to do anything fancy, just trying to get past the forced loop I'm in.
What originally happened was it was having a fit just trying to charge, so I bought a new LG charger, when I finally got it to charge up, I open to the main screen and it reads: "the process (com.android.mms) (com.google.gpas) and (android.process.acore) has quit unexpectedly please try again. Force quit or close."
Then it all quits automatically, restarting the droid and begins all over again.I haven't downloaded anything new or changed any of my settings.
I have tried removing the battery and the memory card to no avail.
So, my friend grabs it and hard restarts it. Now its in a forced loop. I've tried clearing the cache and it won't allow me to load the reboot. It comes up as invalid file directory. So. any help would be amang.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
that error message is absolutely meaningless, i've seen it on my Droid since day 1. The first time I went into the recovery partition, it was there.

The only thing I can think of is that the Droid's recovery software was ported from a different device, and on the Droid there's no such thing as /cache/recovery/command

mkthnx001

Reaction score
Try flashing the 2.0.1 .sbf image through RSD Lite.

If you need help, look at this article:
Code:
http://www.droid-life.com/2010/05/06/guide-to-rooting-android-2-1-on-a-motorola-droid/