E-book reader

Finnstang

Reaction score
Great news - I think. I sent a message to ereader, asking them if they planned to do something with the android platfom. They replied quickly that they were working on it. Today I received an email saying that it is now available. I downloaded it to my Droid and the app comes up fine. I'm having a problem downloading my bookshelf. I get a message saying that my phone doesn't support the program. I've sent them another message and hope the problem will be resolved. I'll post the results.
Worked fine for me this morning.

OP
cuesport

cuesport

Reaction score
Were you able to purchase a book or open your existing bookshelf? The site comes up fine for me, the problem is when I try to download to my Droid. Are you using the motorola droid phone?

ericwiz

Reaction score
I have a Sony Reader so I dont have much call for a reader on my Droid. But, it would be nice. Especially if I was able to read on one device and pick up where I left off on the other.

This is possible with the eReader on multiple devices. I may need to look at retiring the sony and go with a Nook (nook, eBook reader, eReader - Barnes & Noble). Not only will it remember your last saved page between devices, you can lend the books to friends and family AND it is the first ever Android reader!

Kinda cool!

Finnstang

Reaction score
Were you able to purchase a book or open your existing bookshelf? The site comes up fine for me, the problem is when I try to download to my Droid. Are you using the motorola droid phone?
I have the Droid. I opened my Online Bookshelf and had it download one of the books I had purchased already. I haven't tried purchasing a book through the interface yet.

Finnstang

Reaction score
I just purchased a book using the ereader interface with no issue and was then able to access that book through the Online Bookshelf and download it to the Droid with no problem.

Silvana_Pineda

Reaction score
OK so I have a droid and am loving it. I have the aldiko and I have gotten a few epub files. I have tried to put some of these files under eBooks/import as I read on the android forum but it did not work. Anyone else have any other ideas?

silvere2

Reaction score
OK so I have a droid and am loving it. I have the aldiko and I have gotten a few epub files. I have tried to put some of these files under eBooks/import as I read on the android forum but it did not work. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Did you select the option to import after doing so?

Silvana_Pineda

Reaction score

I have a .import folder aswell as an import folder. I have the same file in both and still NOTHING. and it is an .epub file

Last edited:

silvere2

Reaction score

Not sure what that means. Can you advise?

On the main aldiko page, the one that shows you "recent reads" "bookshelf" and "download ebooks", click the menu button (the one next to the "go back" button at the bottom of the phone) and then select "import". Hope this helps!

Silvana_Pineda

Reaction score

Not sure what that means. Can you advise?

On the main aldiko page, the one that shows you "recent reads" "bookshelf" and "download ebooks", click the menu button (the one next to the "go back" button at the bottom of the phone) and then select "import". Hope this helps!
Hey Silvere2 it worked with a different file. I guess the one I first tried has something wrong with it. THANKS! YOU ARE THE MAN or WOMAN !

NVash

Reaction score
I was using BeamReader to read a few PDFs I had lying around but didnt like how it read them.

Does this WordPlayer read anything besides EPUB? And man, stinks that I need Calibre on my comp for it to wirelessly connect. I use Stanza and most of my library is LIT. Im going to try out Aldiko, but does anyone know of one that does everything including LIT?

Last edited:

fellings

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to read e-books checked out from Library2Go? They are usually in epub format and are drm protected.

kmonaco85

Reaction score
Im surprised no one has mentioned Laputa. Its a free ebook reader that you can download from the market. They have a bunch of new release and classic books for free.

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Im surprised no one has mentioned Laputa. Its a free ebook reader that you can download from the market. They have a bunch of new release and classic books for free.
I read on another forum some of those are pirated.
Newer titles tend to be pirated (if free). Most of the public domain books will have a page saying they are. If it’s still in the books stores, and you don't pay to download it, chances are good it’s a pirated book. However, some public domain books are in bookstores (like classics read in schools).
Download or not download? You have to decide what's best for you and go from there.
I just want to mention it because I don't know if I would have realized it myself... and I'd like to know that.

fellings--
Does anybody know how to read e-books checked out from Library2Go? They are usually in epub format and are drm protected.

I haven't tried Library2Go...