DX top status bar removeable?

Moroney167

Reaction score
Can I delete or change the status bar? I have the beautiful widgets imstalled and hate having the top clock too. Howdoes everyone change the buttoms on botto, that are fixed too? Do I have to root the phome to do that only? And not impressed with beautiful widgets, all I ask is for two different cities to watch weather from, any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

timrock

Reaction score
you can install an app like launcher pro, this will allow you hide the top status bar, and you can also make changes to the bottom dock as well, its fully customizable.

tatuud

Reaction score
Can I delete or change the status bar? I have the beautiful widgets imstalled and hate having the top clock too. Howdoes everyone change the buttoms on botto, that are fixed too? Do I have to root the phome to do that only? And not impressed with beautiful widgets, all I ask is for two different cities to watch weather from, any suggestions?

ADW launcher, which is free will also give you the option to hide the top bar as well as the dock. and no you don't have to be rooted.
in beautiful widgets you will be asked to save the city, that is the one displayed on the widget along with the time. if you click on the time portion it will take you to a setting where you will see alarms, the time will be on the bottom, click on the clock next to the time, from there a different weather display will show, click on it and set whichever city you like. that one is weather channel while my front display is google weather, two different cities displayed for me. hope this helps

Janet1025

Reaction score
I would love to get the app you are describing but when I search for adw launcher a bunch of apps show up is that the exact name?
Thanks

tatuud

Reaction score
I would love to get the app you are describing but when I search for adw launcher a bunch of apps show up is that the exact name?
Thanks

try this...go to market, apps/productivity/top free, you should see it there. good luck