Dust under screen... anyone else?

UWSkier

Reaction score
Anyone else noticing dust under the screen in the upper left corner? Must be coming in through the power/screen lock button. How the hexx does something like this pass Motorola's QC? Aren't the screens supposed to be sealed units?

This is my second Droid Pro. The first one had abysmal call quality and update issues. I really don't want to exchange for a third. It's a pain in the arse reconfiguring all my apps, home screens, etc. Any way to clean this thing with compressed air or something?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone else noticing dust under the screen in the upper left corner? Must be coming in through the power/screen lock button. How the hexx does something like this pass Motorola's QC? Aren't the screens supposed to be sealed units?

This is my second Droid Pro. The first one had abysmal call quality and update issues. I really don't want to exchange for a third. It's a pain in the arse reconfiguring all my apps, home screens, etc. Any way to clean this thing with compressed air or something?

Yours is not the first. You can perhaps find some additional info here: Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum - Search Results

Good luck.

hotkoko

Reaction score
I've never had a problem with dust on any phone I've ever had. I don't put my phones in my pocket. If you don't do that, then you wont get dust

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
U

UWSkier

Reaction score
Well, you can either put it in your pocket, look like a complete dork with it on a belt clip, or carry a purse... Either way, there's no way you should ever have this problem. Looks like it's not isolated to the Pro either. Dumb.

hotkoko

Reaction score
I've never had dust. Never had that problem

Sent from my DROID PRO

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's rare but it does happen and it's covered by the warranty. If it bothers you, you can get a replacement.

jwgraves

Reaction score
guess I'm a dork then....I got dust under the screen carrying the thing in my pocket so I got a replacement and now use the holster. love being a dork. the ladies love it too.

OP
U

UWSkier

Reaction score
guess I'm a dork then....I got dust under the screen carrying the thing in my pocket so I got a replacement and now use the holster. love being a dork. the ladies love it too.
I'm an I.T. pro but don't like to advertise my dorkiness when out in bars and other social scenes. I have a buddy who carries a phone, a pager, and a leatherman on his belt everywhere he goes. We call him Batman.

andy'sfriend

Reaction score
"We call him Batman." -- Awesome. Hahahahaha.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

Droidpr0

Reaction score
:)

you could always just open the phone up and wipe the screen gently. wouldnt recommend this to the average person. i have a video of me disassembling my Droid Pro and cleaning the screen for the DP users that see dust!

DaSnOoTeRKiNG

Reaction score
I'm not a
images
nor
images
but work at a saw mill and this has happened to me. I was looking for real help and found a bunch of
images

Either way I think I'm just going to take all the screws out the back and see where that gets me.....if it doesn't turn out so good it will be back to Verizon.....until then
:icon_ worthless:

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
I don't mean to dig this topic back up but this has popped up with me as well. I only just got the phone, but I bought it off ebay, so that might be why they were selling it actually. Either way, it's not enough to bother me, but it might be a problem for someone else. Maybe that one poster with the video could post it for everyone else?

Kaos2flo

Reaction score
you could always just open the phone up and wipe the screen gently. wouldnt recommend this to the average person. i have a video of me disassembling my Droid Pro and cleaning the screen for the DP users that see dust!

Post the video please? or give us the link/way to get to it.

tb110895

Reaction score
I had this problem and it was a pain in the a**
I got a replacement for an unrelated issue and this one doesnt have that problem