Dust in the Droid's earpiece and bubbles in screen protector.

Crazy

Reaction score
Hello, I am a new member to this site :p

First of all, I just gotta say that I am LOVING the Droid (former AT&T/iPhone user). Loving Verizon Wireless' coverage as well.

Anyways, got a few problems/questions

1.) I purchased VZW's 3 pack screen protectors for $12.99. First two were fail attempts and applied the third one on it. And I had the same problem, there were air bubbles on my Droid around the earpiece and top left corner of the phone and its bugging me for some reason. Would Verizon let me exchange for another pack?

2.) And I am noticing dust going into my earpiece. Has anyone else had this issue and how do you get the dust out?

Thanks!!

Redls1bird

Reaction score
I get alot of dust/lint as well. I clean it often with a blow, and use a toothpick for stubborn pieces.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
1) those 3pack screen covers aren't great. They're pretty inferior to others in fact, such as Invisible Shield. I don't know how long you've actually had the screen protector on, but you could use a card to smooth out the air bubbles.

2) dust in the earpiece will always be a problem. What I do to clean it out is take a piece of tape and roll it and carefully push it in there with forceps or something small. I don't recommend you use air dusters cause that would push the dust in more and possibly behind the screen.

Welcome to the forums and happy new years!

Pueo

Reaction score
A lot of people are not using screen protectors and going "Naked" search the threads and decide for yourself. Naked works better for me, no bubbles or lifting.

nitsuj

Reaction score
And to answer one of your questions, No, Verizon won't exchange them because you didn't put them on correctly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's your fault, they are hard to get on perfectly. But Verizon isn't going to give you new ones to fix your mistake. Your best bet would be to buy another pack and ask one of the people in the store to install one for you, then if it gets screwed up, it's their fault and they will exchange the 3 pack.

FYI, I've found most of the problems I've had installing them come from the fact that they are sized "too" perfectly. If you're off by even a fraction of a millimeter to the left or right the screen protector edge will hang up on the frame around the screen and never sit right. The fix is to trim the protector along one edge. VERY slightly. You don't want to trim enough to make a gap between the protector and the frame of the screen, but enough that it goes in a little easier. I'm talking a very small amount trimmed here. Like, I'd need to go get my micrometer to give you a measurement. A tiny, tiny, amount of one of the long edges.