Dust for Eternity?

JCo352

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone has come up with an ingenious way to get the the dust out of the earpiece, without damaging anything. I don't have any dust behind the screen, just in the earpiece and my ocd is kicking in.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
canned air?

41X1W80MWHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
canned air?
I think i would be afraid of it blowing it behind the screen

Bring the phone into a Verizon store, or call and ask them. They should get you in touch with a tech that will tell you if the sound jack has a clear path to behind the screen. I've seen threads concerning dust behind the screen but nobody has posted the cause.

ahh..earpiece, not sound jack.

next idea? Cover the hose most of the way with a piece of plastic or cardboard until it is whistling good.
images

Or...rub it on your belly if you've got one of those bellybuttons that collects lint.
icon12.gif

OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
thank you i tried the belly button idea with no luck..lol

pyro6128

Reaction score
just take a paperclip or something and use that to get the dust out. Its what i did, worked like a charm. Maybe add some tape to the end if you're feeling super adventurous

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I like cyber cleaner which I bought from Radio Shack. Careful though. It can become a toy or is it? :icon_ banana:

Magdroid

Reaction score
Use a piece of scotch tape. The dust will stick to the tape. You can use a paperclip to push the tape into the crevice.