Good "Affordable" A2DP Headset

digriz60

Reaction score
Well, guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get yet another earpiece to work with my latest baby, the Moto Droid.

Love it (with every hack it's maturing nicely) but I want to stream audio to my earpiece, which compels me to get an A2DP headset/earpiece.

Now, I've blown through a Jabra, two Jawbones (in this case I'm the a$$), and an unmarked Chinese model that looked like lavender chrome. It really sent the wrong message about my personality.

So, I'm looking at mono and stereo headsets/earpieces, and they all seem to range above $50.00. I think I'm resigned to have to pay the price, but does anyone have experience with something that combines these two impossible traits: affordable and good.

I looked at the Jabra BT8010, but it seems most all vendors, while affordable, "lost" the second earpiece.

Stereo is not imperative for me, but for something comparably priced...well...I don't want to settle for mono if I can get stereo for a few bucks more, but the price differential so far has been significant across all models re: A2DP vs non-A2DP

TIA!

jimnutt

Reaction score
Jabra BT3030. About $40, uses the headphones of your choice. I've had one for a couple of years now and it works great. I like the fact I can plug whatever headphones I want into it. It has a microphone built in that is reasonable quality.

base_media

vatothe0

Reaction score
If you have verizon, they are selling the samsung wep870 for $30

OP
digriz60

digriz60

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses! I'm gonna check them now!

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Moto S 305. Solid on quality, capable on features, and in your price point.

OP
digriz60

digriz60

Reaction score
I went with the WEP870. Price couldn't be beat thru Verizon, and I can charge it straight to my account. Because I felt my monthly bill wasn't high enough!

Thanks everyone, I'll report back with my review.