Duplicate texts

pepsi3573

Reaction score
My dups seen to be consistent. It's the people who have their text settings with the call back number.

I have all the notifications from the stock mssg app disabled. And it's always the same people with the dup mssgs. I think it's a glitch in the system. I have unlimited texting do it doesn't effect me, but if it were a limited mssging I'd worry.

I'll have to ask hubby if out happens on his X2.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

drt054

Reaction score
My motorola droid did that when I got a text from Sprint people.. but now happening with my LG Revo from Verizon people.

Did anybody install the OTA update and still have this issue??

Just checking, cuz I have clockworkmod recovery on my phone so can't install the OTA update, but was supposed to have lots of bug fixes..

Shani

Reaction score
Still happening.

Still happening with the OTA update, sorry to report. I thought for sure the August 4th update would fix this, but nope.

Zregnier

Reaction score
Just installed Eclipse yesterday and I'm getting duplicate texts. Km using the stock Messenger 2.3.4 and have no other SMS apps installed. I have cleared cache, data from Messenger app, reinstalled the ROM, and played with all settings in the app. Nothing works! I didn't really want to do another factory reset and if I do I'll likely go ahead and try an ICS ROM. Any help is appreciated!

haywood801

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Otherwise I am very happy with eclipse and plan to stay with it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

locofocos

Reaction score
Try going into the default messaging app and disable the "full time stamps" option. I've been having the problem, but haven't had the chance to see if that fixes it. Some people on xda recommended it. Duplicate Text - xda-developers

FastKatt

Reaction score
Well, I'm done with these Bionic Builds...
Big Red is sending me a RAZR Maxx, to replace my Bionic...
I've had an open trouble ticket for receiving multiple text messages for 2 months... After 2 replacement Bionics, factory resets, testing many SMS apps... They decided it was a hardware issue =)
I'll be selling my case (belt clip, case w/kickstand), extended battery, & 2 window mounts...
I should see my replacement on Tuesday.

Swyped on my Bionic, brought to you by Tapatalk2