duplicate songs after jellybean update

Jcassell1

Reaction score
How do you get rid of the duplicate songs after the jellybean update without doing the obvious...manually deleting each one.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
Could try clearing the data from whatever music player you use. Did you do am FDR after you updated?

ksanger35

Reaction score
Factory Reset and Loose All My Photos and Music?

Factory data reset

I have 5-6 GB of music and almost as many photos. I do not want to loose them. JB update duplicated all of them. Can't believe I'm not out of room on my Droid RAZR. How can I fix this? I don't want to go in by hand and delete every other copy of 100 cd's worth of music would you?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I have 5-6 GB of music and almost as many photos. I do not want to loose them. JB update duplicated all of them. Can't believe I'm not out of room on my Droid RAZR. How can I fix this? I don't want to go in by hand and delete every other copy of 100 cd's worth of music would you?

Follow my instructions above, should work

ksanger35

Reaction score
Follow my instructions above, should work

I had to do it twice. The first time I cleared data and rebooted. Gallery eliminated the duplicate photos but Music did not eliminate the duplicated songs. So I went to Settings, Apps, Media Storage, then sellected Force Stop, then Clear Data, then rebooted again. This time songs in Music were not duplicated :biggrin:.

Another fabulous unneeded update that caused additional issues from Google and Motorola.

Thank you for posting your solution. It does work.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I had to do it twice. The first time I cleared data and rebooted. Gallery eliminated the duplicate photos but Music did not eliminate the duplicated songs. So I went to Settings, Apps, Media Storage, then sellected Force Stop, then Clear Data, then rebooted again. This time songs in Music were not duplicated :biggrin:.

Another fabulous unneeded update that caused additional issues from Google and Motorola.

Thank you for posting your solution. It does work.
I'm glad It worked, and to be fair to Motorola, this was not an intentional release. Some bugs might be ironed out before OTA. Also, it's always best to factory reset before and after a major update such as a new OS. Helps eliminate bugs