Duplicate Music Files

Boat

Reaction score
Got a Droid2 and did a full recovery using MyBackup from my D1's SD card. All worked well except all my music is duplicated, songs, albums, etc. Did a thorough inspection of files using Astro and came across MNT file. Opened it and there seems to be a mirror there of my SD card including all the music.
There's another file for SD card and the same music files are there.
So, can anyone explain MNT, why it's there but more importantly can I delete the music from that file, leaving the SD music file in tact, and thereby remove all the duplicates from Mixing and/or stock Music player.
Thanks!

OP
B

Boat

Reaction score
Since no one replied to this, I emailed Mixzing with the issue and here's their (very quick) response, and it worked perfectly btw:
It sounds like the Android media scanner had a glitch (it does that sometimes). You can get it to completely rebuild your media database by doing the following:

1. From the home screen go to Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage Applications
2. Go to Menu->Filter and select All
3. Scroll to the Media Storage app (you may need to do Menu->Sort once or twice to get it to sort alphabetically)
4. Tap Media Storage and press the Clear Data button
5. Start MixZing, and from the initial library screen do Menu->Scan Media

It may take quite a while to rebuild the database so be patient, but when it's done hopefully it should look like it's supposed to.

--
Peter Jeffe
MixZing

wioneo

Reaction score
Thank you, this helped me with a similar problem.

Difference being that I was using the stock media player(best lock screen widget by far...too bad the rest is lacking), and I have no idea how to fill it's library, so I used the media search option in PowerAmp to refill the Media Storage App, which luckily for me updates it for all apps(including the stock player).

AndroidCore

Reaction score
AWesomeness... this helped me completely... I use PowerAMP. I got a bigger SD card for my Droid X. So, I had to re-sync my music via Windows Media Player... after the normal sync, some songs were showing up twice.. I was bugging as I have a severe OCD order issue... i went through 502 tags and editted them... still not fix... found this article... cleared media storage.. no more duplicates... lol... thank god... at least my playlists is tweaked down to the i and t... LOL

georgesam

Reaction score
Re: Try duplicate filesdeleter.com

I've used duplicate files deleter software that detects duplicate files and it's quite user friendly. It can detect file format. You can delete the whole files at one click or can delete desired one.