Duplicate contacts???

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score
Hey guys. I decided to give Apex a try while waiting for Liberty to update. This rom is definitely fast. I have duplicate contacts though. In some cases, as many as five of the same contact. I now have 537 contacts lol. I wiped and the whole nine yards. Anyone have any suggestions?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I decided to give Apex a try while waiting for Liberty to update. This rom is definitely fast. I have duplicate contacts though. In some cases, as many as five of the same contact. I now have 537 contacts lol. I wiped and the whole nine yards. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, it's still a Google phone which means your contacts are in gmail. Go on line (preferably with a computer) to gmail and and open contacts. You will find in there a setting that will find duplicates for you and you can delete them that way.

OP
m1ghtysauc3

m1ghtysauc3

Reaction score

Well, it's still a Google phone which means your contacts are in gmail. Go on line (preferably with a computer) to gmail and and open contacts. You will find in there a setting that will find duplicates for you and you can delete them that way.

Thanks. Any idea as to why this happened though? It's never done this before.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Any idea as to why this happened though? It's never done this before.

I don't have a clue. I'm a little puzzled over something it's done with my brother. But lot's of people have had it happen to them and I think that's why Google put that setting in Gmail.

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is an app on the market called contact remover, with so many contacts it would probably be easier to select all your contacts and then unselect all the ones you want to keep.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums