Duplicate contacts when using shortcut widget

Wolfwise

Reaction score
My contacts are all fine with no duplications but when I try and create a shortcut widget to send a message to a contact it gives me duplicate entries to select from. I assume this is a bug. Anyone else?

Wolfwise

JayMonster

Reaction score
My contacts are all fine with no duplications but when I try and create a shortcut widget to send a message to a contact it gives me duplicate entries to select from. I assume this is a bug. Anyone else?

Wolfwise

Send a message, as in a text message? Are these people with multiple phone numbers (ie. home phone and mobile)? When you attempt to save a shortcut to a "Direct Message" it shows "duplicates" because it is giving you an option to create a shortcut to each number separately.

Edit: I now see what you are looking at. Curious. Will have to dig more. Not sure why this is happening.

OP
W

Wolfwise

Reaction score

Wolfwise

Send a message, as in a text message? Are these people with multiple phone numbers (ie. home phone and mobile)? When you attempt to save a shortcut to a "Direct Message" it shows "duplicates" because it is giving you an option to create a shortcut to each number separately.
No the numbers are the same only duplicated. If I have a contact with a home and work number I end up with 4 entries to choose from.

Wolfwise

htheduck

Reaction score
No the numbers are the same only duplicated. If I have a contact with a home and work number I end up with 4 entries to choose from.

Wolfwise
I have the same issue. Is there a fix? :)

baruch

Reaction score
duplicate contacts, continuing

Can anyone offer any assistance? MOT & VZW both useless. Would seem to be a way ofbeing able to delete the duplicates????? Obviously others have the same issue, & assume more widespread when others go into this area & discover the issue: hold down home screen --> select shortcuts --> select direct dial to add the # shortcut to home screen --> but will see in list, each # from contact list is duplicated???? HELP

baruch

Reaction score
duplicate contacts, continuing problem, can anyone help?

Can anyone offer any assistance? MOT & VZW both useless. Would seem to be a way of being able to delete the duplicates????? Obviously others have the same issue, & assume mio. e widespread when others go into this area & discover the issue: hold down home screen --> select shortcuts --> select direct dial to add the # shortcut to home screen --> but will see in list, each # from contact list is duplicated???? HELP and where is the cursor? ??

hobitca

Reaction score
That's great! That's quite a very informative post. Thanks for your share.