Dummy needs help with his email accounts (-not gmail)...

Psychokitty

Reaction score
Hiya, Folks.

Here's the background info:

• I have a website for my business.
  • I have five email accounts set up on it.
  • I have a laptop running XP, and recieve mail from all five accounts on Outlook.
  • I can configure Outlook to not remove the emails off of the server. (It's essential that I'm able to keep a copy of every one.)
  • Each email has the same domain name (...of course).
  • Each email account password on the server is set the same. (This is the individual password given to each account in case of multiple users.)
  • The website requires a main password in order to access the email accounts, which is not the same as the email account passwords.
I'm having trouble putting two different email accounts from the same server onto my Droid's email program. It prompts only for one password for the incoming configuration, and the only one that will work is the website main password.
It sets up one email just fine, tested and working great, but the second email is refused during setup with an error stating that the password is a from a duplicate account.
I am attempting to set these up as POP3 accounts. I have no idea what that means or what the differences are, but it's all I've ever been successful with in the past on Windows computers.

I'm a novice with my website, and I barely know enough basics to use an editor. (Joomla boggles me at this stage, so I'm still using old html editors.) But setting up emails accounts on servers and recieving programs was never something I understood.

I'm asking here because you guys are into some crazy stuff that's so far beyond my capabilities that I'm hoping that this will be child's play for some of you and, well, maybe someone will take pity on me and spend some time walking me through this.

Thanks muchly.

triptych

Reaction score
Are your passwords the same? That may be what's confusing it.
Also know that you can route all your email into the Gmail app built into the phone. I like the ui of Gmail over the generic email app.

I'm fairly certain there's a thread around here somewhere explaining how to do this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe what you should do is set this up at gmail on line. Go to www.gmail.com enter your name and password, go to settings and accounts then imports. Click add Pop 3 email account and enter the address. that should do it.

If this is what you're doing already then I'm sorry I have nothing else for you.

stick

Reaction score
I was trying to set up a non-gmail email account and realized that I remember the password but not the username. I went on google and they sent me a message that my alternate email address was not found. Any idea where to go now? I know it was set up because it was one the steps to seeting up my droid.

crazygemini1919

Reaction score
i set up my cox email on my droid and it works fine , sends me notifications of new emails, which most i delete but then when i go on my labtop and log onto my cox email there are 50+ emails because even though i deleted them on my droid it actually did not really delete in my cox email when i check it on my labtop???

Silver Member
Reaction score
OP, for clarification on using GMAIL forwarding, see my sig.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
"The website requires a main password in order to access the email accounts, which is not the same as the email account passwords. "

Why?

First off, did you try setting these up as imap? That way you no longer care about settings in outlook.

For each mailbox account you need the server, uid, and pwd to get into it, what the website uses should not matter at all.

I have not less than 7 different domain emails on my droid, all imap for simplicity, and then use WLM at home to grab what I don't delete off the server at the end of the day, etc.

I can help you with this.

korp

Reaction score
Each should have its own username, password ... chances are if its for the same domain its the same servers. Make sure its the right username though ... sometimes it requires [email protected] instead of just the part before the @.