DroidX/Jawbone/Synch issue

xnavyguy

Reaction score
All,

I'm brand new to the forum and tried searching for an answer and couldn't find one. If this is a duplicate question please forgive me in advance and just post a link to me pointing me in the right direction.

I have a new Droid X and it's paired with my jawbone prime. Works great. The problem is now that I've also paired my phone with my Ford Expedition using the Synch system it gets strange.

I can be talking on my phone using the jawbone while driving and everything is fine. When I turn off the vehicle it shuts off the radio and then it interrupts my bluetooth connection with my prime. The prime is still connected but it's so garbled that I can't hear anything. I have to hit the bluetooth button on my phone call screen then turn it back on using the same button and then I can hear clearly.

It seems like the phone is connecting to both the jawbone prime and the Ford Synch system at the same time and when the Sync is powered down it interrupts the connection with the prime.

Does anyone know of a fix for this? I'd like to be able to keep both connections as I spend a lot of time on the road and if my jawbone runs out of battery I can always talk hands free using the Sync system.

Thanks in advance,

Xnavyguy

mitchell486

Reaction score
Well I don't have a car with sync in it but I have set them up for my Grandma and such. BUT I have also used Bluetooth headsets for a little while now and that really sounds like an issue that you might consider asking your dealership about. I bet they have had this happen with other Bluetooth headsets in the past. Best of luck though!