DroidX ends calls as soon as call is dialed

netspirit

Reaction score
I am getting pretty frustrated with my year old, recently updated to Gingerbread, DroidX. You press CALL to start a call and it simply beeps and ends the call. Screen says "call ended". Whenever it does this, you can try over and over to call different people, but the calls are ended before the phone can even ring.

The only way I can fix the problem is to turn off my phone and turn it back on. It started doing this about a month ago and has happened to me every other day or so.

I saw another recent post about this on the HTC website, so I'm wondering if this is a bug in Gingerbread (since I recently updated) or maybe a new downloaded app that is causing the problem. Pretty frustrating when you need to call someone in a hurry and then you have to wait until your phone reboots. Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Yes I am having that same problem and I have never rooted my DROIDX.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

You can always try sbfing back to froyo then taking the update again. it might be the software cause mine hasn't given me that problem.

Sent From A Modded X

I'm having the same issue. I try to call out and i get a beep and call ended 0:00. Even though I can't callout out people can call me. It started the day after I updated to the gingerbread. i called verizon, and i was told this is not a known issue.

Factory reset! I will loose all my apps installed and the data i have in them - right?

I called Verizon, and they told me, too, that it "isn't a known issue." I suggested they Google it. :)

Anyway, a helpful lady did have me update my roaming capabilities. I've forgotten the initial number to dial (it's the same one you dial to activate the phone), but you dial it and then hit "2" to update roaming. So far (knock on wood), it seems to have worked.

Forgot to mention....

I have been just rebooting daily until a resolution or better workaround comes along.

Thanks for the replies. Glad to know it is not just me. I'll update my roaming capabilities and see if that helps. Just happened to me again this morning after not using my phone all night. It worked before I went to bed though, so I'm going to start tracking when the issue occurs. And I'll call tech support and report it too. When enough people have complained, maybe they'll fix.

I always assumed it was a problem with my ROM, but it must be just something inside of gingerbread.

Add me to the list of people having the "call ends as soon as it's dialed" problem after "updating" to Gingerbread. I am running an absolutely stock DroidX. This is a pain. Also, after the "update", the phone started periodically rebooting for no reason.

My DroidX is stock too and is continuing to have this issue about every other day. I can't pinpoint anything that causes it. I have stopped all services, tried different profiles, updated my phone by dialing *228, etc. The ONLY thing that fixes it is rebooting. It IS a pain and one that needs to be recognized by Verizon and fixed. Thanks for posting.

I know what is the problem!!!

My DroidX is stock too and is continuing to have this issue about every other day. I can't pinpoint anything that causes it. I have stopped all services, tried different profiles, updated my phone by dialing *228, etc. The ONLY thing that fixes it is rebooting. It IS a pain and one that needs to be recognized by Verizon and fixed. Thanks for posting.
+1 for this annoying issue!!!
Folks,
I have a Verizon DroidX with Pre-rooted Gingerbread Stock 2.2.3 With Blur 4.5.596 out of the United State. and I have the same issue.
The difference is I know why it happends is something really easy to replicate
By the way:
a) Updating Roaming List doesn't fix it.
b) Wipe data/factory reset donesn't fix it.
c) The issue is not from Verizon is from Motorola that release a GB too bugy just to get over DroidX and forget it. WE NEED ALL THE PEOPLE TO MAKE NOISE AND PUSH HARDER ALL THE ISSUE THAT official GB has because Verizon already ask to motorola for an update and IF WE NOT MAKE NOISE OF ALL THE BUGS the new release will not include all the fix we need.

Ok, so the issue is so simple as just freeze the "VoiceMail Phone 2.3.3"
and you will get the same ISSUE here described.
That is why when you reboot it is fixed.

PLEASE FOLKS WE NEED TO MAKE NOISE TO BE INCLUDE IN THE FIXED NEW RELEASE of MOTOBLUR FOR DROIDX.

Best Regards Sa6r0s0 :greendroid:

Back