C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
i got superuser.. but its not looking like its letting anything work.. lol

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
theres no option to set anything like that.

lisaleese

Reaction score
Crock, I had the same issue with my phone. I had rooted it previously... flashed CM7, didn't like, then flashed back to my GB Nandroid. IT WAS NOT ROOTED even though I had superuser in my app drawer. It took an hour, but I got it working again.. On the Droid 3 One Click Root site it says

If you are trying to root from the OTA Gingerbread update and you were previously rooted, you will probably experience problems with this root method because of the pre-existence of busybox and superuser.apk.

Here's what I did..

1. Get to a windows computer.
2. As mentioned by Byakuskhiki above, use the Droid 3 ADB root method here by logging in to the phone using "adb shell" and type the following commands:

mv /data/local/12m /data/local/12m.bak
ln -s /data /data/local/12m

Next, physically reboot the device by pressing the power button. When it wakes up, log in using “adb shell” again, and type the following:

rm /data/local/12m
mv /data/local/12m.bak /data/local/12m
mv /data/local.prop /data/local.prop.bak
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_netmon_usb=0" > /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_netmon_ih=0" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_res_core=0" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_res_panic=0" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_adb=1" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_all_core=0" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_efem=0" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_bp_log=0" >> /data/local.prop
echo "ro.sys.atvc_allow_ap_mot_log=0" >> /data/local.prop
3. Reboot your phone, and log in to "adb shell" again. You should get a "#" prompt. Type in
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/system /system
rm /system/bin/su
rm /system/xbin/su
4. Reboot yet again.
5. Now, download the correct Windows (XP or Vista or 7) One click root package from Pete's Motorola Root Tools and run it.

Be patient. It took a while for me, but I finally re-rooted my phone.

Kimo91

Reaction score
The only way this won't work is if user doesn't follow the steps provided

Sent from my Boeing sponsored rooted Gingerbread D2G

Graymayre

Reaction score
Yea, that's where I screwed up, too. Forgot to unroot.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
C

cr0ck1

Reaction score
Thanks. Im up at hunt camp right now and only got my mac. But ill try it when I get back to my house on Monday! Ill keep you all updated!. Thanks again!

Crux

Reaction score
Yepp same thing happened to me. Everything was great with z4 till I forgot to unroot for the update. For me it just said "Running exploit to acquire root access..." and then it just froze and made me take the battery out to reboot it.

kpmurphy

Reaction score
Yea, that's where I screwed up, too. Forgot to unroot.

Ok. This is what I did. I ran the OTA while rooted. The update went fine but now I cannot root. How did you get past this? With the instructions lisaleese gave?

Montavius

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid 2 Global
Lisaleese, thank you for the instructions. Will you please tell me how to "log into adb shell". That's apparently where I run into a brick wall. Phone is a D2G - debugging is on, phone is in Charge Only mode. Computer is PC, Windows 7, 64 bit. I run the one-click root (any of the various versions), pull up a command prompt, cd to the folder where all the one-click root files are, type "adb shell", and always get a $. It has to be something simple that I'm not aware of. Thanks for your help.

kpmurphy

Reaction score
Lisaleese,
Thank you very much, worked like a charm. Nice to be rooted again!

lisaleese

Reaction score
Montavius, ADB (Android Debugging Bridge) is software from Google that lets developers (and lowly tinkerers like us) communicate directly with their phones through their desktops. I learned just about everything there is to know about it at this page: [GUIDE] ADB Workshop and Guide for everyone - xda-developers It'll tell you how to install it and how to use it. Good luck!

kpmurphy, thanks! I've learned a great deal from other folks on this forum, too..