Droid2 global: Gmail sync issue

inlarry

Reaction score
Ok so having an issue. My Gmail accounts are no longer pushing data for some reason. Normally as soon as I receive a new email it'd download and I'd get notification. Now, I have to manually open gmail and sync before it'll download.

I can't find a setting addressing data push, and my non-gmail accounts still sync/notify as normal.

is there a solution to this i'm overlooking?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kptphalkon

Reaction score
<edit> comment removed by the poster, it was a response to a (now) deleted post </edit>

Last edited:

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Ok, so inlarry, have you tried using an alternate email app? And I know this sucks but a factory data reset may fix your syncing problem, no garuantees though

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
are you rooted?, did you freeze any apps

rpoldervaart

Reaction score
My D2G stopped syncing gmail also - Edit: working now

My droid 2 global has recently done the same thing. Everything has been fine for months. All of a sudden, a couple days ago, my gmail app no longer syncs automatically. If I manually sync/refresh with the menu button->refresh, all updates are done. But it's all manual now. :( And I could have sworn I had settings to turn data push on/off and under settings->accounts, I don't have any way to turn on/off the gmail sync. Under settings->accounts-<my gmail account>, it just lists things like Sync google+ "touch to sync now", Sync Calendar "touch to sync now", etc.

Very odd. I'm running Android 2.3.3, Gmail 2.3..5.2. I'm rooted and have the free titanium backup, but haven't frozen any apps.

This was working perfectly, so I'm really bummed about it right now. Thanks in advance.

Edit: :) I just found my answer. My "Sync" widget was turned off. I have it on another screen and didn't notice it being turned off. Must have fat fingered it the other day. With the widget turned on, I also get the green check boxes to turn on syncing in settings->accounts-> <my gmail account>. With the main sync widget turned off, I didn't get the individual checkboxes in the settings->accounts. Problem solved.

Robert

Last edited: