Droid1 to DroidX Apps and Data transfer

loumarjr

Reaction score
Anyyone know how to transfer Apps and Data from the original Droid to the new Droid X?

If I root, will titanium backup work? Also, is their anyway to do a nandroid? I really want a Droid X but don't want the transfer hassle for my data.

SkeetSkeet

Reaction score
Anyyone know how to transfer Apps and Data from the original Droid to the new Droid X?

If I root, will titanium backup work? Also, is their anyway to do a nandroid? I really want a Droid X but don't want the transfer hassle for my data.

They are based of different codes, so doing a nandroid from two different phone models will not work. Second the droid x will not let you install a custom bootloader, which a nandroid backup comes from. Last, i have used the program called 'bump' to transfer over programs from one phone to the other. Hope this helps :)

mjforte

Reaction score
Titanium Backup should work I would think. You probably should only restore the apps but not their data though. Not completely sure on that though.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Which data are you looking to keep? It might be easier starting with that question:)

contacts come along for the ride. There is an app to back up sms messages in the market. There are other solutions too so you don't have to root.

him

Reaction score
I was unable to take anything with me. Mybackup pro didnt recognize any backups and i could use titanimum because root had not come out yet.

OP
loumarjr

loumarjr

Reaction score
I was trying to restore all of my data, such as my email accounts from k-9 mail, etc.

scf

Reaction score
I copied ALL of the folders on my D1 to my computer, to it's own "DroidBackup" folder. Then I could pick/choose what to put on the DX when I unmounted the D1 and mounted the DX.

porsche996

Reaction score
Use "Bump"...

it'll copy contacts, photos, and sms in bulk. Have to do apps 1 at a time, though.

ecfiffer

Reaction score
bump will work and astro file manager will back up apps to the SD card and you can reinstall them on the DX OR Chevy has his own script but thats only good right now for the d1. when the bootloader is cracked then he will bless the DX with his awesomeness.

Aram58

Reaction score
I'm also trying to do this. I think that titanium backup should work (just be selective and only bring what you need). I'll probably get the dx in a week. I'll post back once I get the x.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk