Droid X2 officially not getting ICS...

ELH

Reaction score
As expected...

Fortunately I like my X2 and will probably hang on to it another year anyway, it's fine with GB. After that a RAZR MAXX or whatever the latest and greatest is.

OP
srvctec

srvctec

Reaction score
As expected...

Fortunately I like my X2 and will probably hang on to it another year anyway, it's fine with GB. After that a RAZR MAXX or whatever the latest and greatest is.

Exactly my thoughts. My unrooted bone stock X2 is fine and has been for a year now. Maybe I'll get the 2nd generation RAZR MAXX which will probably be a quad core by then. Actually, I'll probably opt for a Nexus whatever for less pre-installed bloatware.

robert70

Reaction score
srvctec said:
For anyone wondering, the Droid X2 is officially NOT going to be upgraded to ICS. https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c

Sorry but most of us already knew this,, I've been running a leaded version of ics and it runs just fine on my x2 but it is what it is, I'll upgrade eventually not in a big hurry, but I don't need the latest and greatest is either, just something that works and will get as good of battery life as what I get right now. That being said have a good night ya'all.

Sent from Trenton. Michigan on this stupid ass midnight shift.

OP
srvctec

srvctec

Reaction score
Sorry but most of us already knew this,

Ummm, okay. You knew this for a FACT? I don't think so. Many of us suspected this, but didn't KNOW for sure. At the time I posted this thread, Verizon hadn't officially announced it, which was the point of me posting it in the first place. The title does say "officially", after all.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

ELH

Reaction score
Ran into my first RAZR MAXX today.

MAXX was running ICS but I saw nothing compelling, settings are a little better organized than GB but the notification bar is almost invisible, thought it was missing at first.

Big surprise was the poor battery life, my X2 with the extended does considerably better.

MAXX, on VZ's new data usage plans, tends to dump WIFI and favor 4G whenever possible, may explain the battery life surprise.

Client also complained about the phone burning up on long calls, my X2 only heats up like that if I beat the crap out of it.

Also found little difference between 4G and 3G response.

Think I will be keeping my X2 for a long time...

TauntingBull

Reaction score
Droid X is probably the best phone Ive owned. I loved how the phone felt in the hand... if they ever make the EXACT shape with 4G, ill be all over it....

OP
srvctec

srvctec

Reaction score
Ran into my first RAZR MAXX today.

MAXX was running ICS but I saw nothing compelling, settings are a little better organized than GB but the notification bar is almost invisible, thought it was missing at first.

Big surprise was the poor battery life, my X2 with the extended does considerably better.

MAXX, on VZ's new data usage plans, tends to dump WIFI and favor 4G whenever possible, may explain the battery life surprise.

Client also complained about the phone burning up on long calls, my X2 only heats up like that if I beat the crap out of it.

Also found little difference between 4G and 3G response.

Think I will be keeping my X2 for a long time...

I actually LOVE ICS on my tablet and kind of wish my phone did have it, but I can live with GB.

Thanks for the info! I was thinking the MAXX would be my next phone in 8 months when it's time for my upgrade but now thinking my X2 will be just fine until it dies.

ELH, what extended battery do you have for your X2? Is it the one which requires a different cover or does it use the standard cover? I'm considering getting a different battery for mine, as after a year of daily charging, it doesn't seem to have near the capacity it once did. If you have a link or brand, that would be even better.

ELH

Reaction score
SRVCTEC,

I use the the Motorola BH6X extended vs the Motorola BH5X standard. They both fit under the standard door though there's debate on whether this is wise, the 6X comes with a slightly deeper door, a couple of mm, but I've never used it. I have been using the BH6X under the standard door since I bought the phone, well over a year ago, with no problem. You can't tell the difference size wise.

The 6X gives you about 30% more juice than the 5X and it's very noticable. These degrade in about a year and should be replaced. I just replaced my year old one with a new 6X and can easily run 3 days.

As for ICS, I wish Moto would put it on this phone for no other reason than to maintain familiarity with the OS, but aside from that the damn thing is near perfect.

By the way, you can get these Moto batteries direct from from Moto or VZ, just hit their websites and lookup BH6X. There are other 3rd party options but I've never used them.

ELH

Last edited:

robert70

Reaction score
srvctec said:
Ummm, okay. You knew this for a FACT? I don't think so. Many of us suspected this, but didn't KNOW for sure. At the time I posted this thread, Verizon hadn't officially announced it, which was the point of me posting it in the first place. The title does say "officially", after all.

Yes I knew when Ford stopped their testing of the x2 with their sync system at World Headquarters here in Dearborn Michigan,, because they wanted to focus on the fact that may have to push out another Bluetooth patch for phones running ICS oh and the x2 ""pay attention now"" WAS NOT ON THE LIST OF UNITS GETTING THE ICS UPDATE!!!!!!!!! however at that point I was not allowed to speak of the goings on of F/M/C,, "let me help you" Ford Motor Company,,,

Sent from my wicked sharp razr!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
srvctec

srvctec

Reaction score
Yes I knew when Ford stopped their testing of the x2 with their sync system at World Headquarters here in Dearborn Michigan,, because they wanted to focus on the fact that may have to push out another Bluetooth patch for phones running ICS oh and the x2 ""pay attention now"" WAS NOT ON THE LIST OF UNITS GETTING THE ICS UPDATE!!!!!!!!! however at that point I was not allowed to speak of the goings on of F/M/C,, "let me help you" Ford Motor Company,,,

So you knew it equals "most of us" as you stated in your previous post? I bow to your supreme top secret knowledge of such matters. NO NEED TO SHOUT, EITHER. Oh, and thanks for the "help", but I'm sure most of us know what FMC stands for. GEEZ, lighten up, dude.

robert70

Reaction score
srvctec said:
So you knew it equals "most of us" as you stated in your previous post? I bow to your supreme top secret knowledge of such matters. NO NEED TO SHOUT, EITHER. Oh, and thanks for the "help", but I'm sure most of us know what FMC stands for. GEEZ, lighten up, dude.

Sorry bad day yesterday.