Droid X2 - Having Download Problems and Using It With Facebook

Koriander

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 and I am growing unhappier with it by the day. I try downloading apps from Market and the apps never install. It stays downloading continuously for 24 hours and all the next day.

I access Facebk through Google because the Facebk app on the Droid does not always load and the app itself has a few dislikable features. Accessing Facebk using the Google browser has its own problems: the Facebk comment box does not expand when typing in it so I can't see what I'm typing. Also, the screen is jiggles when I hit the keys, or it scrolls up and down uncontrollably. I thought maybe the problem was Internet Explorer/Google so tried to download the Dolphin browser, which I have been told is an excellent browser. Again, it appears to be downloading for over 24 hours. Ugh!

I took the phone to Verizon and they were not helpful. Said that apps take time to download and have a good day. Ugh!

Another adviser told me to use WiFi when downloading apps. I did -- no change. The apps never load onto my phone.

It's probably a simple fix but I have no idea where to find the answers to the problems. Any ideas out there?

I have a Droid X2 ..... Android version 2.3.5 ..... System version 1.3.418.MB870

Thank you! Best regards

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Odds are you don't have background data turned on. I believe it's under Settings>Mobile Networks, but no promises as I'm not stock anymore and don't recall with certainty. Just Google it or search here for where to check the setting.