DROID X2 by Motorola Accessories

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
I would imagine, just about all Droid X accessories will work with the X2. I had them side by side today & the only thing different is the X2 doesnt have a camera button.

Makes it easy to get a nice case for the X2 once i get it!

OP
RUSirius

RUSirius

Reaction score
Hey HEMLOCK, so is safe to say that the HDMI and the USB ports line up identically as well?

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
It looks like it, yes. Maybe i should have paid more attention to it, but even after double checking some pictures.....i think they are near identical in location. Search "Motorola Droid X2 Versus Motorola Droid X (Images)" and you'll see some side by side comparison pictures.

cananot

Reaction score
You actually touched the Droid X 2? Where ? I live in Virginia and the moto plant is here I have friends that work there told me it wont be out til later this year having problems with the dual processor dang where did you see it?

Sent from da Droid X liberty 2.0.1

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
You actually touched the Droid X 2? Where ? I live in Virginia and the moto plant is here I have friends that work there told me it wont be out til later this year having problems with the dual processor dang where did you see it?

It was just a display (dumby) unit. I should be able to touch an actual model by tomorrow afternoon though. I guess they'll be up for grabs in some stores tomorrow as well as online.

cananot

Reaction score
Cool! ! How much? I'm gonna have to check online or try to go by a store tomorrow

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
99.9% sure they'll run $199.99 on a 2 year contract. Not sure what retail will be.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

cananot

Reaction score
Ya that's what I thought the bad thing is I'm gonna have to pay retail if I get one but I want to see it the real question is how long gonna have to wait til a bootable one comes out if you get one tomorrow post your thoughts I'm eagerly awaiting

HEMLOCK

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, Otterbox already has the Defender & Commuter series available for the X2.

Robotica

Reaction score
According to Verizon, who posted loads of YouTube videos, the Droid X2 can fit in all the docks for the original Droid X, in case anyone is still interested in knowing.

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
OK, perhaps stupid questions.

What's the difference between the 1500 and 1540 batteries? Will the batteries used for the X work with the X2?

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
Bump.

I actually do want to know the answer to this.

I'm moving from a D1 to DX2 this week and want to look into getting an extra battery and wanted to know if the batteries that say they are for a DX will work ok in the DX2. The dimensions are the same so I assume it fits, but with the dual-core processor does the DX2 need a stronger battery?

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Has been reported on another droid. Site that. The Droid X batteries (BH5X) work fine in the Droid X2. In fact the battery that comes with the Droid X2 has the same markings frontand back as the Droid X has.

cece5702

Reaction score
Does the extended battery BH6X for the Droid X, fit into the Droid X2?