DROID x with gingerbread

Oliveralam

Reaction score
Yesterday I downloaded gingerbread onto my DROID x and I love it. I have a couple questions in the notification bar here is in icon that looks like two arrows going in a circle. Does anyone know what it is. I think it might be dlna but I can't turn it off. Does anybody know what that icon is?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's the sync icon. It means some or all accounts are pushing a sync (Gmail, facebook, twitter, contacts, apps etc...) it should disappear soon. If not, go to settings/accounts and sync and mess with the auto sync. You'll get it to stop

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

xguy

Reaction score
Actually, I downloaded gingerbread (the leaked version-not rooted) for my droid X a couple weeks ago. it's working very well and I love it. However, the sync icon (described in previous posts) has not turned off since. it's even on in airplane mode and since the phone doesn't transmit or receive anything in airplane mode I'm thinking the icon must indicate that you have sync enabled for one or more items (email, calendar, whatever) which i do. I haven't bothered to disable all sync activities to see if the icon will turn off because, well, I just really don't care if it's on. I have been very pleased with Gingerbread. I especially like the ability to have 3 profiles (for a total of 21 home screens instead of 7) and the new feature (reply with text) that allows you to immediately send (with two clicks) pre-defined text messages to a caller whom you have just ignored is really nice.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this happens occasionally after flashing a rom. the only concrete solution i have found is to do a factory reset, otherwise the icon will be hanging around up there the entire time. but it's not really syncing so if it doesn't bother you then i wouldn't really worry about it.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
That would bug the hell out of me :blink:

jasonkorpi1979

Reaction score
How do i download gingerbread for mu droidx im not rooted

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do i download gingerbread for mu droidx im not rooted

Wait for the ota (which has yet to be rooted), or root and flash the leak. Just be sure you do the research before doing anything to your phone. This will save you a lot of potential frustration

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Gingerbreak work on the new OTA. I am waiting on the OTA, I had GB and it had a bunch of issues so now I'm on Froyo.

Sent from my rooted beast of a phone