Droid X will not find OTA update! Still on 2.2.1! (unrooted)

BTLS

Reaction score
Tried searching for an answer but no luck... I got a DX off a friend a cpl weeks ago and the very first time I went to "about phone" and system updates, it found the 602 update... Well, I since found hardware issues with that phone & so I bought a better conditioned DX off another friend, activated no problem, but no matter what this one will not find any updates even though it's still running 2.2.1. Any way to force the update on a unrooted phone? Thanks for any help!

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
My guess is that it was probably rooted before you got it, and he unrooted it when he sold it to you. He might have deleted a system app or something which is preventing the update.

Rocken that SSX 2.1 !

OP
BTLS

BTLS

Reaction score
That's definitely a good theory, however trust me, this dude is completely clueless about tech stuff & I guarantee he doesn't even know what rooted is... He sold me this b/c it was too complicated, and then got an ifone... nuff said :D

sweenbeen

Reaction score
My guess is that it was probably rooted before you got it, and he unrooted it when he sold it to you. He might have deleted a system app or something which is preventing the update.

Rocken that SSX 2.1 !

Agreed. And there is a thread in the dx forum that you can get the stock apks in. You just need to do some searching.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BTLS

BTLS

Reaction score
Ok, so I got the most recent 605 update downloading right meow! After trying a dozens things, I simply connected to PC, checked for moto updates on PC (none found), then on the phone, while still connected, went to the update section and it found it the first try! Not sure if connecting had anything to do with it but that's when it happened to work...

sweenbeen

Reaction score
Ha! Well cheers! Not sure what was wrong. But brilliant for it working.

I am debating on breaking root ti do the 605 update. Right now im on 602 and im not really seeing keyboard issues. What was the keyboard probs? Anyone know?
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
BTLS

BTLS

Reaction score
I had a different rooted DX before this running 602... I went ahead and got the 605 update OTA just fine, but not only did it unroot but I didn't notice a damn difference with the keyboard so, personally I would wait...