Droid X wifi poor signal

Aequitasmurphy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Well I'm a Blackberry convert now using Android and I love it. I have the Droid X and couldn't have been happier, that is until the past few days. I have had the phone a little over a month and the wifi has been working great at home, work and connecting to other places. Currently my Droid X is at 2.2.1 and was working just great. Well starting about 1 or 2 days ago my wifi connection signal has gone to crap. At work I used to get 2-3 bars on wifi constantly and now I am lucky to get any signal at all. I am lucky to get 1 bar but usually it goes disconnected and has a ? I am also having problems at my apartment now where there were never any problems. I used to get full signal anywhere in there and now I'm lucky to even get 2 while standing 5 feet from the router!!!! Anybody have any thoughts about why this is happening or what can be done to resolve it? It's really annoying not having this at work, 7 story building makes 3G basically worthless. Thank you all in advance for your help

OP
A

Aequitasmurphy

Reaction score
Anybody have any ideas or should I look to trade it back in to VZW

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

JonDroidX

Reaction score
U have an update on this? I have been having the same problem lately and have been thinking about taking my DX in to get traded. Did you exchange yours?

OP
A

Aequitasmurphy

Reaction score
To update you I did go to VZW. They sent out a replacement but the day it arrived it started working again. I still traded it in just in case.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JonDroidX

Reaction score
So has the new one been working fine? Or does it still have the same problem from time to time?

OP
A

Aequitasmurphy

Reaction score
Yeah so far it has been working just fine. I don't know what the problem was, hardware dying out is my theory. How long has yours been messed up for?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JonDroidX

Reaction score
I've had the phone about 6 months and the problem has been going on for about a month now. Taking you advice, I went to VZW store today and told them what's been going on. They are going to ship me a new one in a couple days. Thanks!

OP
A

Aequitasmurphy

Reaction score
Yeah I first got mine in the beginning of December so it was barely a month in. I already returned one prior for a dead pixel. I'm glad they are sending you a replacement, when I went and took mine in I had to fight with the lady for almost an hour to get a new one. She even asked me why I need wifi since I have 3G. I was like I need it at my job. You try getting 3G signal in a 8 story building. Let me know when you receive it if the problem is gone, I assure you it will be.