droid x vs droid 2

wildride89

Reaction score
I waited anxiously like a lot Of people on the droid 2 and now that I've had it for a week I've been thinking about a droid x. What's the difference between the x and droid 2 besides screen size and no keyboard?I'm kinda bummed that we can't root them either. Customizing technology is what we do. Any insight ladies and gentleman?

cuzlion

Reaction score
same thing

I had the X for two weeks and then traded it in for a Droid 2. That really surprised the VZW dude, he was like " why would you do that?" but the answer was simple, I live on the road and much prefer real keys to type email on. Plus the X is a monster sized phone, I like to carry mine in a hip case not in my pocket and when you put that X in a case and clip it to your belt it looks like an iPad, I just couldn't take those "you are such a nerd" stare downs.

The two phones are identical in terms of the OS, or will be when the X finally gets an upgrade to the current version of Android. The screen is 4.3 vs. 3.7 and the D2 has the slider but everything else, cpu performance, video performance, screen quality, all the same. The X has a bigger screen but gives up on dpi because of that so the size advantage does not translate to more on the screen. The X does have a higher rez camera and takes higher rez video which is a big deal to some. Personally I can't tell a lot of differences in the still or video shots I've done on either phone, both are OK but not among the best camera phones.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
im going to trade in my droid 2 for a droid x.

primary reasons are signal issues and camera issues. from most reviews the droid x camera is way better than the droid 2. since we are using these for a mobile food business, we want to be able to upload decent pics on the go to our social media sites.

while i do think the droid 2 signal issues will be fixed via a software update, i dont want to wait until the end of our 30 days either just in case in turns out to be something else.

with the discovery of swype, the physical keyboard benefit of the droid 2 is not so much anymore, in my opinion.

ggaabe

Reaction score
i have the x, but the only thing that bugs me after i updated to 2.2, i can't really play flash games because it has no keyboard, while the droid 2 does, but everything else flash works

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I believe the Droid X is geared more towards media, whereas the Droid 2 is geared more towards messaging and social networking. (In a nutshell)

How do you figure that? X Does it all Just as the D2 Does....