Droid x update issue

antny

Reaction score
My phone updated tonight to the latest update and it is basically frozen now. It will power up go to the main background and once you hit any app or button it goes to a black screen. You can hold the power button and the phone won't even shut off. Basically all it will do is it will go to sleep mode but nothing else. I have pulled the battery multiple times with no avail. Anyone else have this issue or can think what is the issue post update? Thanks in advance

Edit: Looks like the new gingerbread is bricking the droid X's from what I have found. Time to go to the store tomorrow.

OP
A

antny

Reaction score
This is the first time it has ever given me any problems and I have had it since release day. I am sure it had something to do with the update since it started immediately after the update.

gumbythecat

Reaction score
I hear ya. I went from Froyo to Gingerbread (2.3.3) and my Droid X is a mess. Seekdroid app can't remotely activate GPS anymore (apparently this was intentional in Gingerbread). I am getting no email notifications - no LED, no icon in the status bar, nothing - anymore (and yes I checked Settings and I have the appropriate checkboxes checked). Calls are cutting out at random, when I NEVER had that problem before. GPS is showing incorrect location. Pulling the battery does nothing at all.

I am NOT happy. I wish there was a way to revert back to 2.2 Froyo, which worked perfectly for me. Anyone have any ideas on that? Should I go back to the Verizon store and see what they can do?

OP
A

antny

Reaction score
I had to wipe the cache and reboot about 12 times before the phone started working again but it is operational. I havent messed with any programs really to see if I like gingerbread yet or not. I was having a ringtone issue earlier but it comes and goes. I really dont want to upgrade the phone because its the first phone that I love every aspect of until now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. I went from Froyo to Gingerbread (2.3.3) and my Droid X is a mess. Seekdroid app can't remotely activate GPS anymore (apparently this was intentional in Gingerbread). I am getting no email notifications - no LED, no icon in the status bar, nothing - anymore (and yes I checked Settings and I have the appropriate checkboxes checked). Calls are cutting out at random, when I NEVER had that problem before. GPS is showing incorrect location. Pulling the battery does nothing at all.

I am NOT happy. I wish there was a way to revert back to 2.2 Froyo, which worked perfectly for me. Anyone have any ideas on that? Should I go back to the Verizon store and see what they can do?

You can always SBF back to Froyo.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

CM74DX

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

CM74DX

Thats what I done and then used the leaked update! Its more stable IMO

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

Thats what I done and then used the leaked update! Its more stable IMO

Me too.

CM7 is way better than any other ROM out there in terms of speed and smoothness. Very stable also. I would SBF and install that.

CM74DX

nickcal

Reaction score
I updated to the new OS release on my Moto X a few weeks ago. Now in my ford truck the blu tooth has "issues". It attempts to dial a number then then says "call ended". although pared it does not engage the phone. I must make 2 attempts every time now to place a call with blu tooth. I have had the phone for a year and it always worked fantastic until the new OS release. Are there any patches along the way to fix this? The truck has MS Sync in it.