Droid X Update 2.3.340 (Not Gingerbread)

jase

Reaction score
I honestly give up for now.. trying to install via update.zip gives me a verification failed or identification failed error and doesn't even start.

Trying to do it OTA goes about 1/3 of the way stops, reboots, and then says it failed.

Would love to know what the problem is because my backup was made literally the day after I rooted and I have never removed or frozen an application.

Mine is now working on 2.3.340, andylulzyou.

I was grasping at straws. I hadn't removed any apps when I was rooted, or done much of anything beyond installing Setcpu and wi-fi tethering.

Somewhere along the line, I modified my build.prop file, though.

When I restored my build.prop file from the backup of the original stock file, my update went through perfectly.

Something to try if you ever modified your build.prop.

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I don't think I ever did, I managed to get the update.zip to run and I am getting a status error 7 and it says something about a preinstall/flashplayer app not being found or something

B

budmonster

EDIT: I just received the OTA, but I haven't downloaded it yet. How do I pull it off my phone? Do I have to download it first then use Root Explorer to put it on my PC? Where is it located at on my phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nixlplix

Reaction score
I'm kind of annoyed, but more like stupified that I don't see anything in this update about the annoying bug with Gallery! The one where the most recent/renamed files refuse to show up in the folder if you use Gallery when attaching a picture to an MMS, for example. Where if you delete all the pictures in a folder using Files or rename one, how it still show those thumbnails in Gallery as if they are still there. It doesn't update its own Gallery! And why on earth can't you rename files in Gallery?

I had to download "Picture Folder" from the Market and use that option instead, but I don't like that because it doesn't show videos. It's otherwise superior to the stock Gallery in every way!

Maybe this fix and some of the other obvious ones are there and they just didn't see the need to mention them? Can anyone confirm that it was actually fixed? I'm skipping this "update" otherwise, because I don't feel like un-rooting for this.

I hope this and other bugs don't even up being permanent! This is one reason I switched from a BlackBerry Storm to a Droid - the Storm was left in a sad state. The very last update for it added more heinous bugs, never to be fixed. I'm expecting better from Motorola!

250 or point 65

Reaction score
Just pulled the update manually and did not lose root. I used a via computer 1 click root. All my rooted apps still work.

I noticed when I opened up my Superuser Permissions that Madden 11 is one of them that you can choose to deny access. Would that render the program inop...?

Two BIGG things that this one took care of:

1) FINALLY allows the dialer to autocomplete phone numbers. WAY faster than using the search feature in Contacts.

2) All of my texts are finally in chronological order!

We'll see if it fixed the battery manager force close or the random reboots.

donballz

Reaction score
This could all be in my head but I would swear that my 3G connection is better since the update. I never had it at work before and I had full bars today. dancedroid

donballz

Reaction score
Will we ever get gingerbread! !? ?
Nexus One is just now getting it, so it will be awhile. They will also probably release phones that already have gingerbread to entice you upgrade before they bring us forward.

ahchah08

Reaction score
I installed the update and it updated fine this morning.
I tried to install Madden 11. It says I need to download extra stuff.
It gets stuck at 5% no matter what I do. I restart, close the app, turn it back on, turn on WiFi, turn off wifi, use 3g. It won't get passed 5%.
Anyone else have this same problem?

danrak03

Reaction score
Droid X 2.3

just got automatic update to 2.3.4 or whatnot. lost root. was able to reroot using z4root a one touch root found in the market place. just so you know. the update is out and you can still root with z4root after the update

danrak03

Reaction score
i think my 3g connection is also better after the update. never used to work at home now seems to have solid connection

donballz

Reaction score
Has anyone else been having problems with the wireless tether app since the update? I wonder if VW figured out how to block it? Really annoying, that was the best part of root. Any ideas to get it working?

Big Fate

Reaction score
Am i like the only one that still keeps having issues after the update.

Matter fact I feel like i'm having more freezing issues than before... Smh

Big Fate

Reaction score
Im speaking mainly on speed performance and freeze issues...

My phone just locks up and I have to do a battery pull... Or right now my boy called me and it just popped up with his number instead of his contact... Didnt even know who it was