Droid X Update 2.3.340 (Not Gingerbread)

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Let me know if anything works for you.. I'm stock 2.2 rooted but this is becoming such a hassle

xmguy

Reaction score
The latest build I have from my fru is 2.3.151. So I have not done anything to the phone that can't be reversed with a wipe of the memory and cache. Since there is no sbf for this fw. Also my bootloader is 30.04 also.

Sent from XMGUY's Droid X.

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Currently installing now...checked a few minutes ago for the update and it was finally available to me. I'm on stock 2.2.

EDIT: it worked!

andylulzyou

Reaction score
I honestly give up for now.. trying to install via update.zip gives me a verification failed or identification failed error and doesn't even start.

Trying to do it OTA goes about 1/3 of the way stops, reboots, and then says it failed.

Would love to know what the problem is because my backup was made literally the day after I rooted and I have never removed or frozen an application.

Ryan420

Reaction score
Dont Do It!

I was just able to download the update, but it killed my root access!
I now am not able to run titanium backup or wireless teather.
I am not sure what to do even to get it working again, as both applications were working without issue before.
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to get root back?
Thanks in advance.

killajack420

Reaction score
New update? 2.3 ?

Is'nt that gingerbread? I woke up, had an update and now im running on 2.3

csimo

Reaction score
I am not sure what to do even to get it working again, as both applications were working without issue before.
Thanks in advance.

Search for the app z4root. It's not in the market anymore, but there are hundreds of download links posted on the net.

It takes maybe 20 seconds to load z4root, hit the permanent root button and your done.

-Joe

ekf028

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

I am having the same issues, people have said that they have ran z4root and got it back. I ran it and have not been able to get it back.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jase

Reaction score
I honestly give up for now.. trying to install via update.zip gives me a verification failed or identification failed error and doesn't even start.

Trying to do it OTA goes about 1/3 of the way stops, reboots, and then says it failed.

Would love to know what the problem is because my backup was made literally the day after I rooted and I have never removed or frozen an application.

Whatever's going on, it looks like we have the same exact issue...

csimo

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

I am having the same issues, people have said that they have ran z4root and got it back. I ran it and have not been able to get it back.

Make sure you have the latest version of z4root (1.30). You have to use the permanent root button, and may have to do it a couple of times, but it does work.

-Joe

ekf028

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

Make sure you have the latest version of z4root (1.30). You have to use the permanent root button, and may have to do it a couple of times, but it does work.

-Joe

I have ran it tens of times and it has not worked. It says it is successful but never actually is.