Droid X TechSkin

Jira

Reaction score
I was wondering, if I were to get the Skinomi TechSkin or the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD, do I still need to buy a case?

I was thinking of buying the Skinomi TechSkin for my Droid X but I'm thinking of buying a silicone cover for it too. Is that too much? Is the Skinomi TechSkin enough to keep it in pristine condition and was the TechSkin made to be a "new" type of case?

Thank you!

PS - Are Skinomi product's quality good?

OP
J

Jira

Reaction score
Anybody? I know theres 400+ people browsing this sub-forum alone.. at least one is bound to know :p

OP
J

Jira

Reaction score
I guess you can call it that.

I just want to know as soon as possible so that I can buy all the accessories before I get the phone. And there's always the chance that they cases/protectors could become out-of-stock.

PittDucky

Reaction score
I found a discount coupon just enter "get25" to save 25% and receive free shipping from Skinomi.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I guess you can call it that.

I just want to know as soon as possible so that I can buy all the accessories before I get the phone. And there's always the chance that they cases/protectors could become out-of-stock.

ebay is never sold out..

Ansextra

Reaction score
What if you see the phone for the first time and you don't like it? I'm not buying any accessories until I actually see and purchase the phone.

OP
J

Jira

Reaction score
Noone has answered my original question yet.. D:

sic0048

Reaction score
Noone has answered my original question yet.. D:

Well you are kind of asking a question that is best answered by people that have hands on experience. Since there are very few DroidXs out there, and even fewer with a Techskin applied to it, it might be a while before you get the answer you are looking for. :)

maestroooh

Reaction score
Skinomi TechSkin

I was wondering, if I were to get the Skinomi TechSkin or the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD, do I still need to buy a case?

I was thinking of buying the Skinomi TechSkin for my Droid X but I'm thinking of buying a silicone cover for it too. Is that too much? Is the Skinomi TechSkin enough to keep it in pristine condition and was the TechSkin made to be a "new" type of case?

Thank you!

PS - Are Skinomi product's quality good?

I applied the TechSkin on my MotoDroid, and feel it can be a "last line of defense". For example, TechSkin and InvisiSheild (ultra-thin-skins) are nice because they dont increase the dimensions of the phone; therefore you can still use an additional heavier-duty case/clip/etc.

IMO, the ultra-thin-skins protect from scratches on the flat surfaces very well, but dont offer any protection on the corners. If you are really worried about your phone, I would apply one of these ultra-thin-skins once, then add/interchange other heavy-duty cases as needed.

As for Skinomi vs. Zagg, its a matter of preference. From what i've read, here:
Skinomi vs. Zagg invisible shield, review of a great skin and case - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums
they only varry slightly in their tactile feel (matte vs. glossy appearance). I dont have both, so I cant tell you the difference first-hand; but I like the Skinomi a lot.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
For the actual screen protection, get Zagg. They are the absolute best. For a case, get whatever you please.