Droid X stuck in boot loop and won't charge.

buugiewuugie

Reaction score
I tried installing a rom yesterday and I followed the instructions exactly as they said, and it went through with no problem. But when the phone restarted it just started looping at the boot screen. Now my phone is dead and I cant get it to charge. When I plug it into a wall charger it immediately goes to the boot logo and keeps cycling and it wont charge via computer. What should I do?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Eventually you're going to need to sbf but first you'll need to get the battery charged. You can either find a friend with the same battery and borrow theirs or go to Verizon and ask them to charge it. That one will get you some weird looks and questions though so be prepared. Worst case scenario you can buy a standalone charger or butcher a USB cable to get it to charge the battery.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

OP
B

buugiewuugie

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll call my local verizon and see if they can charge it for me!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try to come up with a good story as to why you need it charged. For instance say its your second battery and of doesn't seem to be charging while in the phone. I also wouldn't bring the phone in with me, otherwise they may say something like "OK lets put it in and make sure its working" and then they'd see the phone is bootlooping. That way you can just say "oh well I left the phone at home. I'll come back if it still gives me problems."

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk