Droid X shuts down, have to do a battery pull

skyfire322

Reaction score
Hey guys! As stated in the title, my X keeps shutting down and I have to do a battery pull in order to start it back up. The weird thing is, it just started happening today. The last time I turned it back on, the SD Card icon was stuck on, saying "Preparing SD card. Checking for errors."

Just out of curiosity, what should I do? Has anyone else experienced this problem lately as well?

doniago

Reaction score
It would help if you told us what version of the OS you're on, if you're using any roms, whether you're rooted, etc...

OP
skyfire322

skyfire322

Reaction score
Sorry about that :) The system version is 2.3.340.MB810, and the Android version is 2.2.1. I'm not rooted or running roms

pool_shark

Reaction score
What does motoblur have to do with it?

OP, have you recently installed any new apps?

OP
skyfire322

skyfire322

Reaction score
I installed two new apps about a week ago. One was Zombie Booth and the other was Quit Now. I just uninstalled them because I had to keep FC'ing them, so maybe that will do the trick.

Telerding

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. Started a few days after installing the GB OTA. After booting, the phone freezes within a minute or so. Only a battery pull and reboot will get things going again--for a minute or so before freezing again. I can feel the phone getting hot at the bottom, just below the battery, on the backside. I am NOT Rooted.

I am running LauncherPro, so I tried the default launcher, but same problem.

I recently installed SDrescan, so I uninstalled it before phone froze again. Not the problem

Tried to look at battery usage before freezing, to see if I can identify some program that is hogging cpu, but no useful information so far.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

pool_shark

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem. Started a few days after installing the GB OTA. After booting, the phone freezes within a minute or so. Only a battery pull and reboot will get things going again--for a minute or so before freezing again. I can feel the phone getting hot at the bottom, just below the battery, on the backside. I am NOT Rooted.

I recently installed SDrescan, so I uninstalled it before phone froze again. Not the problem

Tried to look at battery usage before freezing, to see if I can identify some program that is hogging cpu, but no useful information so far.

I hate to say it but after I updated to GB I had reboots every few minutes. I did a factory reset and haven't had a reboot since.

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
If certain apps r causing force closing u can use titanium backup to freeze the apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
skyfire322

skyfire322

Reaction score
Update: After uninstalling those two apps I mentioned, the phone has been rock solid.

wyld

Reaction score

Can use a task manager called system panel it will give you a detailed graphics of how much power each app uses and memory usage and how much ram you have left and CPU stats!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Telerding

Reaction score
Did a system reset. Am currently rebuilding the software base. So far no problems, but I have a lot of apps to add yet.

Telerding

Reaction score
I have now loaded virtually everything I had before the problem and this time around, all appears to be working well.

Don't have exactly the same configuration of apps, but close enough.

Thanks for the suggestions!

rkurtz

Reaction score
software update has messed my phone up too....help!!

I just did the update and mine freezes the same way....i tried going to my settings and doing a factory reset but when i touch the settings icon nothing happens ....the phone usually freezes within less then a minute. sometimes screen goes black and just my status bar is visible. I'm really frustrated right now!!

any other ideas?

Telerding

Reaction score
There may be a way to do the reset during the boot process. Someone more learned than I in the ways of the Droid will have to answer that.

You need to try to get into the settings as soon as you can get into your phone after booting. After a couple of tries, I was fast enough to hit the reset before the phone froze.

This may not apply to you, but I was using launcher pro and the stock launcher when I upgraded. I had downloaded a launch switcher app (Moto Home Fix) and was using that to switch. Later, when I was rebuilding the phone I found that the switcher program was not compatible yet with GB. I suppose that could have been my problem.

Good Luck